Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2017 1:30:36 PM EDT
Just wanted to see how it performs.
I do want to suppress mine but the damn barrel is so expensive.

Does it perform well or lots of hangups?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Running a tornado technologies barrel on mine. Never had a hiccup with SS197. It's loud...more so than my supersonic 9mm suppressed but I am using a 9mm can on it. I'd consider purchasing a .22cal can made for the 5.7 or a .22 can rated for the round.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:32:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Run mine suppressed....silencero sparrow...performs very well. no hangups.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Tornado Tech & Jarvis barrel. I use a Gemtech 5.7 can & Spectre II & they work great with subsonic ammo, but are meh with factory ammo due to the ballistic crack. I reload my own subsonic.

I really wanted to like the combo, but wish I spent the money on a different set up. My cans get more use with .22LR than 5.7.

YMMV
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Running a tornado technologies barrel on mine. Never had a hiccup with SS197. It's loud...more so than my supersonic 9mm suppressed but I am using a 9mm can on it. I'd consider purchasing a .22cal can made for the 5.7 or a .22 can rated for the round.
View Quote
My experience as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:40:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I've thrown 9mm, and .45 suppressors on mine, in addition to .22 cans. I use SS197SR or AE TMJ or subsonics. Occasional failure to feed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got the EFK barrel for mine. Runs like a top with SS198 or SS197. With the threaded barrel and using SS198 my point of impact is 2-2.5 inches high at 15-20 yards with the rear sight bottomed out, with SS197 my sights are adjustable again. Using my Spectre II it suppresses well, definitely takes the bark off when shooting. If I was going to shoot it a lot suppressed I'd buy a larger can just for it. My Octane 45 is much nicer to use on it, a LOT less blowback. When using it I just use the fixed mount 1/2x28 adapter and a Griffin 22 cal. endcap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top