Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2017 5:53:16 PM EDT
Picked up a 17S this week. Got to looking around and found GG&G used to make these but then discontinued the product. Thinking about trying to track one down. Anyone have one they'd be willing sell?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Backup buyer if deal falls through!

Serious, Ive never seen that before, looks like a great idea!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you fired the SCAR enough to find the reciprocating charging handle a problem? I have shot mine in classes, and on the range and it's never been an issue for me. I run mine on the left, so I can operate it much like an AR. My support hand never comes close to it, and I have an extended charging handle as well.

Most people think it'll be a problem and then discover it isn't. The non-recip handle is expensive, complex, of questionable strength, and it blocks the installation of some optic mounts and accessories. People just decided they didn't need or want them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont grip the mag well and you shouldnt have a problem.
I cant help but think they discontinued it for a reason.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I've ran the charge handle on both sides and come to leaving it on the right side and charge it "AK" style.

For the most part it is out of the way on either side.  Just don't magwell hold the rifle and it'll never be an issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top