Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2017 3:05:18 PM EDT
I get asked frequently "why should I replace the trigger module on a SCAR?". I know the SR25 pattern magazine thing is well known. But the are other reasons as well. Here is the basics. https://www.handldefense.com/2017/04/the-mk-17-m110-a-stronger-foundation-for-the-scar/
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That's nice.

Shill much? Good grief.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Some here know I work for them. This is a technical forum. The post is technical. Did you read it? If you think I'm wrong that's cool, we'll discuss. But I would think most people would like to know that we are trying to enhance the gun. Trying to give the why behind the why.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
"I get asked frequently..."

LOL, by who?!?!

Just stop.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought it was interesting, thanks for sharing. That said, I'd still have a hard time springing for the lower myself when I already have the Scar magazines on hand.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some here know I work for them. This is a technical forum. The post is technical. Did you read it? If you think I'm wrong that's cool, we'll discuss. But I would think most people would like to know that we are trying to enhance the gun. Trying to give the why behind the why.
View Quote
I guess you announced it in your first and only other post.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd say it's a nice technical article. It's nice to see some actual data instead of the "I want a metal lower because it feels stronger" rhetoric that's usually said.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#8]
AeroE

Looking for a touch of guidance here.

So nobody else has even close to providing this type of explanation for the particulars of this system. I was also looking to provide info on Suppressors and then Optics issues. I think now that SOCOM is divesting from the system there wouldn't be any harm in divulging the theory and data behind what was being done by Handl Defense to enhance the system.

We met the designer of the gun at SOFIC a few years back. I said what this blog post says (and a bit more). Holding one of our modified SCARs he turns to the FN-USA staff and says "if I was building this gun today I'd do it just like they are". I feel the SCAR community that isn't in the loop might want to know the why behind that.  

I know why the optics for the Mk.17 had to be CAR-H hardened. I know why FN will void your warranty for putting a suppressor on this gun. I do not understand how a post that discusses megapascals, tensile strength, elastic collisions, young modulus, and destructive interference is not technical.

Is there an example of posting guidelines? I am not trying to be confrontational. I am trying to understand how to communicate in a way that fits the nuances here.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Roger
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 2:23:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
AeroE

Looking for a touch of guidance here.

So nobody else has even close to providing this type of explanation for the particulars of this system. I was also looking to provide info on Suppressors and then Optics issues. I think now that SOCOM is divesting from the system there wouldn't be any harm in divulging the theory and data behind what was being done by Handl Defense to enhance the system.

We met the designer of the gun at SOFIC a few years back. I said what this blog post says (and a bit more). Holding one of our modified SCARs he turns to the FN-USA staff and says "if I was building this gun today I'd do it just like they are". I feel the SCAR community that isn't in the loop might want to know the why behind that.  

I know why the optics for the Mk.17 had to be CAR-H hardened. I know why FN will void your warranty for putting a suppressor on this gun. I do not understand how a post that discusses megapascals, tensile strength, elastic collisions, young modulus, and destructive interference is not technical.

Is there an example of posting guidelines? I am not trying to be confrontational. I am trying to understand how to communicate in a way that fits the nuances here.
View Quote
Thanks for the link, I found that to be good information.
The only thing that has stopped me form buying that lower was the price.
Since the factory mags have come down so much in price and have been readily available, I ended up going that route.
So I'm pretty stocked up on factory 17 mags at this point.

Looking at your site, what is the difference in material for your spring kits vs the stock scar springs that keeps them from rusting?
Are they stainless steel springs?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Springs are stainless and have marine resistant coatings. A few of them are touch stronger as well. The hammer guide spring is a few pounds stronger. I tell people before you drop $325 on a G trigger spend a few buck on that spring and see if it makes the OEM feel better first.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Springs are stainless and have marine resistant coatings. A few of them are touch stronger as well. The hammer guide spring is a few pounds stronger. I tell people before you drop $325 on a G trigger spend a few buck on that spring and see if it makes the OEM feel better first.
View Quote
This is called advertising. You are specifically making an argument to have people spend money on your stuff instead of money on a company that is well established and happens to be an industry partner.

Your argument is laughable BTW the reason the stock SCAR trigger sucks isn't because of springs, it is the sear surfaces.

Read the COC. Doing this on the forum makes me inclined not to buy your product. Become an industry partner, have an real account with your company name and then look at how Midwest Industries, Atlantic Firearms and Vortex present information/products on this board.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Advertising by Handl Defense - again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top