Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2017 3:00:56 PM EDT
Anyone have some info on them? Owners? Former or present.
There's some info online, but really, these seem to be a black sheep of the semi-auto FN world.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
FNARs are really an oddball rifle that had some things going for it and some things that are definitely drawbacks. The field stripping procedure is not field friendly, expensive proprietary mags, and with the "put up with it or hate it" appearance, it got swept under the rug.

But it is accurate, reliable, based on a rifle (Browning BAR) with a long track record, and features a chrome lined, hammer forged barrel similar to the FN SPR lineup.

I'm still new to it myself, but I have been getting a few barely under 1" groups @100yds with ZQi, my scar 17 is consistenly 1.5" with the same ammo.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#2]
FNAR doesn't have a following on here but, do not let that make you think it is not an good quality rifle.
I love mine...... more so than the SCAR17 in some ways.

Some might call it heavy; Mine is a tad under 11lbs with scope and bipod.
it is accurate even with box ammo.
5 shots XM80C, 100 yards, 6MPH crosswinds off of bench- very HOT barrel.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
BIL has one he likes it but he only shoots it once year before hunting season and when he hunts.  He does not buy extra mags and accessories or anything it basically is his hunting rifle.

I think the rifle would have caught some extra attention has they used the SCAR or FAL mag for the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I just scored four New in package 20 round mags for $160 shipped.....
I have only taken the FNAR out to the range 5X so far but, am really liking the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Some time back I think someone posted about threading theirs for a suppressor.  I think they said you can adjust the gas.  I may thread mine.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Proprietary mags and the lack of modularity on the front end kills it for me.

If I could mount the bipod in multiple locations and mount an IR laser, I would be much more
interested. Everyone I know who has one says
its the most accurate auto loading rifle they've shot.

If they revamped it with a few slight changes, 10 rd Scar mags and available in 6.5 CR

ETA- is the Winchester SX AR cross compatible with all FNAR parts?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
ETA- is the Winchester SX AR cross compatible with all FNAR parts?
View Quote
Yes, the only difference is the paint job and the sx-ar doesn't have the forearm side rails. But everything should swap between rifles perfectly.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#8]
if they would sell it threaded, the odds of me owning one would greatly increase...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top