Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2017 10:39:26 PM EDT
My LGS just got s new SCAR 16s in and I put dome cash down to hold it today.  Price quoted seems vety good. I do a lot of business with him.

Are there any reasons to not make this purchase?  Are they inherently trouble free? Any kwirks i might not like?  Ive had my eye on them for a long time, just donot know a lot about them.  

What ate some first accaessories you all recommend?  Geissele?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Geissele and your done.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Geissele and a factory 10" barrel.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geissele and a factory 10" barrel.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:02:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Bren 805 can be had for $1600 or less. Better fit/finish, smoother action, and "pistols" are available for making an SBR, along with arm braces while you wait for the tax stamp.

Does not suppress as well, and there are fewer afternarket accessories, but other than that, everyone who owns both rifles believes the Bren is the better choice. You can get a Bren, a case of ammo, several mags and an Aimpoint for the cost of the Scar 16.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I put in a Geissele trigger in mine and has been good to go ever since!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Excellent rifles but you can get equal or better for less IMO.

They are $12-1500 rifles again IMO.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#7]
A lot of people like to put tons of aftermarket shit on them like stocks, rails, grips, charging handles, etc. I've been just fine so far with just adding the G trigger, ACOG, and a VTAC sling to my 17.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I love my 16s. Like the others have said it just needs a trigger.

The people who tell you not to get it are the same people who see a guy with a zo6 corvette (or insert another example) and ask "why?".  The guy in the Vette understands....
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bren 805 can be had for $1600 or less. Better fit/finish, smoother action, and "pistols" are available for making an SBR, along with arm braces while you wait for the tax stamp.

Does not suppress as well, and there are fewer afternarket accessories, but other than that, everyone who owns both rifles believes the Bren is the better choice. You can get a Bren, a case of ammo, several mags and an Aimpoint for the cost of the Scar 16.
View Quote

This ^
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Everyone keeps saying the BREN, but I was EXTREMELY disappointed in how fast the handguard on it heats up during any amount of sustained fire.  It doesn't even take rapid fire for the thing to become too hot to handle without gloves.  That's a serious flaw that I can't overlook.  It doesn't have a bolt release either, which is just odd.  Gas system settings are also odd, regular and "adverse", but no suppressed.  Trigger is a thing of beauty, but why they didn't heat shield the handguard is beyond me.  It's also a bit heavier than the SCAR.  Maybe next gen will be up to standard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top