Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2017 5:35:50 PM EDT
See all kinds of talk about the SCARs but, what about the FNAR.........
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Back when I was wanting a SCAR but could not afford one and looking for a 308 gun to hunt with I came across the FNAR and the FN TSR-XP (308). I had held a SCAR already so weight wise I had an idea. The FNAR at 20" weighed just as much as the TSR-XP at 24". Both heavier by far to the SCAR. FNAR mags were expensive and higher of all 3 at the time. With that said, I think whether you wanted to hunt or wanted a semi-auto battle type 308 the FNAR just did not win out to either. Hell I use my SCAR to night hunt. That is just my view on it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
FN hit a home run with the SCAR.... just way overpriced and I hate the color mismatch of the FDE model.
The FNAR is heavier than the SCAR17 but, it is cheaper and for me shoots much better at longer distances.
I am not knocking the SCAR17, great rifle but, when I hit the 600-1200 yard range down south, the FNAR is my first choice usually.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
My BIL has one he uses it to hunt and rarely shoot.  I think I can count on my fingers and toes how many shots he has shot the rifle.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#4]
They are at home cursing mightily as they try and get their rifle back together after detail cleaning.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#5]
took mine out to the range yesterday...... put about a hundred rounds thru it, different brands.

The Federal 150gr. Power Shok SP shot consistently (.95" was my worst 5 shot group) and I will keep the stuff for a good hunting load.
The  Wolf 150gr SP being the worst at 4" but, its cheap Russian stuff that will be fine blasting on the short range till it is gone.

I did not have any match ammo to put thru it but, am happy with the trade and looking forward to getting it out past 500 yards soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top