Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2016 6:32:59 PM EDT
I sent my SCAR16 barrel off to have it cut to 14" and have a silencerco ASR muzzle brake pinned and welded to it. I will be mounting it back on the Scar with the KDG extended rail...

I literally just thought about it-will the muzzle device pass through the rail?  I have a bad feeling it might not fit!!  I might have to send the rail off to so he can pin and weld it with the rail handing off the barrel...

Anyone know off hand??

ETA: I already sent an email to the machinist...but he may not know...I'm hoping some of you guys with scars and KDG rails can help...

Adam D.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you'll be fine. 

I use ASR mounts but only looked at pictures of the rail. 
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I sent my SCAR16 barrel off to have it cut to 14" and have a silencerco ASR muzzle brake pinned and welded to it. I will be mounting it back on the Scar with the KDG extended rail...

I literally just thought about it-will the muzzle device pass through the rail?  I have a bad feeling it might not fit!!  I might have to send the rail off to so he can pin and weld it with the rail handing off the barrel...

Anyone know off hand??

ETA: I already sent an email to the machinist...but he may not know...I'm hoping some of you guys with scars and KDG rails can help...

Adam D.
View Quote

My aac FH wouldn't fit so I had to remove that center barrel brace from the kdg rail to slide it through. Once through I reinstalled the support piece.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a MAMs pinned on my SCAR with KDG rail, and it's pretty rotund.  I had to remove the support inside the receiver, but it still went in.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top