Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2016 9:08:27 PM EDT
After months of waiting, I finally picked up my SCAR 17S.  Just the experience of purchasing one was worth it alone.  Nothing like walking up to the gun counter with a packed house of fudds eyeing the glass and wall racks, and then your box comes out, you open it up, pull out to inspect a beautiful 50 shades of FDE with a ghetto gold finish, and jaws drop with audible gasps are heard because not every man can purchase the $3,000 Ferrari.  And damn strait if it's a $3k rifle, it better be plated in ghetto gold.  Dat BLING.  

I was congratulated by many onlookers in their jealousy with comments like "Merry Christmas, to you!" or "Somebody just bought themselves one helluva new toy!" and my favorite "I wish that was legal in my state!", all reaffirming my purchase.  

I have no regrets, (and I did not pay full price btw, but FNs military price).  Next up, tomorrow I'll be installing the geissele super SCAR trigger, figuring out what piece of glass to put on it, and what ammo it loves to be fed.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics or it never happened
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
After months of waiting, I finally picked up my SCAR 17S.  Just the experience of purchasing one was worth it alone.  Nothing like walking up to the gun counter with a packed house of fudds eyeing the glass and wall racks, and then your box comes out, you open it up, pull out to inspect a beautiful 50 shades of FDE with a ghetto gold finish, and jaws drop with audible gasps are heard because not every man can purchase the $3,000 Ferrari.  And damn strait if it's a $3k rifle, it better be plated in ghetto gold.  Dat BLING.  

I was congratulated by many onlookers in their jealousy with comments like "Merry Christmas, to you!" or "Somebody just bought themselves one helluva new toy!" and my favorite "I wish that was legal in my state!", all reaffirming my purchase.  

I have no regrets, (and I did not pay full price btw, but FNs military price).  Next up, tomorrow I'll be installing the geissele super SCAR trigger, figuring out what piece of glass to put on it, and what ammo it loves to be fed.
View Quote

Felt the same way when I picked up my LaRue 7.62 congrats OP
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad you got your grail gun.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]

they really are great rifles, for the longest i shot it pure irons then an ACOG but most recently it has found its calling. I use it as my night hunting rifle w/ the thermal. It shoots true and straight if you feed it quality and do your part. Really can be a master of almost any role you would want to use it, within reason.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

You go girl. Wish I had that reaction. I went in at 0800 when they opened to avoid the basement dwellers. I have G'd mine up completely n the first three months.  KDG stock, rail, QD mount, rit dyed magpul K2 grip to match, super scar trigger.  No optics as I want it to be a light weight 308 battle rifle.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I felt much the same OP.  You have arrived.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Well done!
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice!
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome.

I got mine a month or so ago (used not new...) and still haven't had time to get to the range to shoot it. I have glass coming...at some point from Vortex so I'm waiting on that I think.

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the club. Post pics of your new Ferrari.

Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm too jealous of you to be happy for you.

Merry Christmas, ya bastard!

Seriously though, congratulations.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I got mine 3 years ago when they were $1,800.  Get yourself some 168 FGMM and see what it can do.  Congratulations!
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got mine 3 years ago when they were $1,800.  Get yourself some 168 FGMM and see what it can do.  Congratulations!
View Quote

lol! They were?  Since announcement, I've always known them to be the 3-5k rifle.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Pics?
Get a G trigger as well and thank me later.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jinkies, I never saw that pricing anywhere.  I paid $2400 for mine and was very happy with that!
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Congrats OP!

I've had one on backorder at my wholesale distributer for 7 months! A buddy who works on the mil side of FN told me in the spring FN was shipping a large batch over sometime in the summer.

Still waiting.

I've spent my waiting time mulling over and over an optic.

This is been a challenge. I've decided on a 1-6/1-8 variant. The Vortex Razor Gen II is TOO heavy. Leaning toward a Bushnell Tactical Elite 1-8.

Good luck and enjoy!
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Jinkies, I never saw that pricing anywhere.  I paid $2400 for mine and was very happy with that!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shy of getting a screaming deal from someone needing cash or buying one of the handful of beat up government turn in guns the SCAR 17S has never been available new for that kind of money. The really good deal were NIB in the $2400 range and those were few. Normal pricing was anywhere from mid $2500's to $2900. I wouldn't believe anyone even with a receipt getting one for $1800, total BS.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 12:36:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Congrats OP!

I've had one on backorder at my wholesale distributer for 7 months! A buddy who works on the mil side of FN told me in the spring FN was shipping a large batch over sometime in the summer.

Still waiting.

I've spent my waiting time mulling over and over an optic.

This is been a challenge. I've decided on a 1-6/1-8 variant. The Vortex Razor Gen II is TOO heavy. Leaning toward a Bushnell Tactical Elite 1-8.

Good luck and enjoy!
View Quote

Bushnell Tactical Elite - That is what I run on mine.  My 16S wears a SMRS 1-6.5x 24mm SFP and the 17s wears the SMRS 1-8.5x 24mm.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pics?
Get a G trigger as well and thank me later.
View Quote

I'll try to take some tomorrow.  It's just stock, no optics, etc. But it does have a geissele super scar trigger in it.

The great debate is still optics on it.  Considering a ta-33 with an rmr, or a vcog.  I want something with a BDC in it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I tried the Aimpoint, Elcan and now have the TA11H-308.  The TA11 is awesome on the 17s.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:04:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I tried the Aimpoint, Elcan and now have the TA11H-308.  The TA11 is awesome on the 17s.
View Quote

I did the EXACT same thing, with the exact same conclusion.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Awesome rifle, I realy wanted one but went with a Aero 308 AR instead as it was close to 1/3 the cost of the SCAR17S

Also, if you really want to turn heads buy a transferable machine gun. A nice long full auto burst will make a range go silent, followed by looks intrigue and sometimes panic from the fudds.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:22:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Excellent work!
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:48:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have no regrets, (and I did not pay full price btw, but FNs military price).  
View Quote

I am in FN's MIL/LEO purchase program as well.  How long did you have to wait from order to delivery? I've been thinking of doing the same thing myself.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:13:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Italian Ferrari > Belgian Ferrari.

Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#26]
LoL

Italian Ferrari not available yet < belgian Ferrari already available
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:07:26 AM EDT
[#27]

That stock is worse than the SCAR Ugg boot look.  The rifle looks like a SCAR just different lines.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#28]
If you decide to go the ACOG route, I would grab a GDI mount while they're cheap.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Same thing happened when I picked up my Barrett M82A1.  Packed gun shop as a big new .50BMG comes out.  Too big to even put it on the counter!
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That stock is worse than the SCAR Ugg boot look.  The rifle looks like a SCAR just different lines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Aesthetics probably wasn't the priority during design, but personally, I like it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:43:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

For comparison:

Link Posted: 4/1/2017 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's a load of poo. I purchased two in 2012 at $2450 and that was considered basement bargain prices. If you snagged one for $1800 in 2013/14 it was either from A) an idiot or B) someone who desperately needed the cash. Now I'm not saying you didn't in fact purchase one for that price but the 17S was never priced that low. Now I can maybe sorta kinda believe that a 16S has been purchased new that low but that would still be below dealer cost, that said, I got my FDE 16S brand new in the box for $2000 early last year so these great deals do in fact happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top