Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2016 8:15:23 AM EDT
Everyone always says there's no SCAR's out there representing.  

I had the overall, and the RECCE class (optic 6x or less, no bipod) by a fair distance.

It was a real rifle match, not shooting rifles at pistol distances.  Shots out to 500Y and moving targets at 300Y, including full running speed.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpwd0q_YIr65JnjqnRL1wn8Xclg-AwKZYEGOi__JI-I/pubhtml#

There was a single TAVOR in the RECCE class as well.  Everything else was an AR except one guy that wanted to run a bolt gun.  

It's not the arrow, it's the indian.  The SCAR can certainly get it done.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
While I can certainly appreciate an AR holding it down. It's nice to see something different every now and then.
Love that quote btw, "It's not the arrow, it's the Indian." Well said.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The next guy down from me is 60 years old.  This was his first match of the sort, and it's apparent that he's going to be dangerous competition once he sets his gun up a little more appropriately.  He is meticulous in his preparation, and is someone to watch out for.  

The new RECCE class is here to stay.  

To play in RECCE:

* Any caliber, any barrel length

* Optic capable of no greater than 6x.

* No bipod or other forward support element.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
What competition is this?

The FNH Pro Team has been using SCAR 16s and 17s in 3 gun for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a local match of 25 shooters.  Next year it will be a two or three club match circuit for DMR and RECCE.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's a local match of 25 shooters.  Next year it will be a two or three club match circuit for DMR and RECCE.
View Quote

That sounds interesting. I hope it takes off. You have any video of the event?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I am told that 4K video is on the way.  

There was a professional quality drone there zipping around.   I think it takes the photog a while to process it all.  

I had a preview glimpse of it and the quality is amazing.  

Adding the new RECCE class turned out to be a great idea.  It lets most guys set up for three gun come out and play.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]
What kind of setup were you running? Optic, modifications? Would you change anything about the setup of your rifle?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Optic:  ACOG, TA01-NSN with factory mount, knobs on the right.

Trigger:  Geissele

Rail:  KDG MREX

Sling:  Specter Gear

Charging handle on the left side.  I believe this is superior.

I would recommend any of these items without reservation.  

I was very happy with how it performed, but going forward, I want to have the rear portion of the sling able to detach quickly so I can use it as a tool for stability purposes.  I think I can do this with paracord easily.  

The specter gear doubles as a loop sling out front.  The lower loop that gets formed allows you to sling up on the gun.  Extremely solid position.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/cRCBRhx.jpg

I was very happy with how it performed, but going forward, I want to have the rear portion of the sling able to detach quickly so I can use it as a tool for stability purposes.  I think I can do this with paracord easily.  

The specter gear doubles as a loop sling out front.  The lower loop that gets formed allows you to sling up on the gun.  Extremely solid position.  

View Quote

CH on the left is definitely the way to roll. Nice looking stick and congrats on the win.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

CH on the left is definitely the way to roll. Nice looking stick and congrats on the win.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/cRCBRhx.jpg

haley did a video about charging handle placement and the ability to hit the bolt catch, made sense to have it on the left side
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top