Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2016 11:02:13 PM EDT
Went out shooting my 17 with a newly purchased Leupold Mark 6 1-6X with CMR-W 7.62 reticle. Glass zero'd perfectly and ran about 80 rounds through the rifle. Got home and while cleaning noticed the scope has what looks like a scratch or mark on the inside of the glass that wasn't there before today's range visit. When I shine a light it looks like an internal chip in the glass. Purchased from Larue but I'm gonna contact Leupold this week to discuss

Not blaming the SCAR just yet and at $2300+ this isn't a cheap optic. I'll update with what they say.

Best pic I could get with the ipotato. It's definitely on the inside of the glass.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Lose the factory brake and get a Smith Vortex.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about that black spec inside the glass? If so, I've personally had this problem before, it's the anodized coating inside the scope tube that has flaked off. It probably jarred loose from the recoil. I had a brand new in box Vortex PST with multiple black specs inside the glass. They quickly paid for it to go back and I had a brand new scope within 1 week. I'm sure Leupold will take of you w/this issue.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you talking about that black spec inside the glass? If so, I've personally had this problem before, it's the anodized coating inside the scope tube that has flaked off. It probably jarred loose from the recoil. I had a brand new in box Vortex PST with multiple black specs inside the glass. They quickly paid for it to go back and I had a brand new scope within 1 week. I'm sure Leupold will take of you w/this issue.
View Quote

It looks like a flake in the pic but when I shine a light it looks like a chip in the glass. No doubt Leupold will make it right just odd that it happened.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It looks like a flake in the pic but when I shine a light it looks like a chip in the glass. No doubt Leupold will make it right just odd that it happened.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just shoot it some more and the flake will fall to the bottom.  doubt it's a chip
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Please keep us posted.    And if they do fix it, hopefully they'll say what it is/What caused it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I had similar issue with a spec in USO. It dropped from lens after a few mag dumps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top