Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2016 8:44:57 PM EDT
I would post this is in the fn forum but I don't have an account there. I have this tros mount, the pr5 and I was getting ready to install it. Theres a gap on either side of the mount to the reciever. Is this normal? Wouldn't it cause stress in that area pushing the top of the reciever in? I like the design machine mount but there is noone for a aimpoint pro.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got two different TROS mounts for my PS90's, they're both like that. No problems ever and they've been a rock solid mount.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
That's normal. Tighten one side first then the other to make sure the mount doesn't misalign.

TROS doesn't make an Aimpoint M2/M3/PRO mount anymore? That's what I used on mine:

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's normal. Tighten one side first then the other to make sure the mount doesn't misalign.

TROS doesn't make an Aimpoint M2/M3/PRO mount anymore? That's what I used on mine:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/topgunpilot20/Guns/ARs/ps90_01_web-1.jpg
View Quote

I was just worried about the stress caused on the reciever. Design machine doesn't make one for the aimpoint pro. Tros does. What I do like about the tros is that now I can have a rail and try different optics. The design machine mount, you're stuck with whatever mount/optic combo you get.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was just worried about the stress caused on the reciever. Design machine doesn't make one for the aimpoint pro. Tros does. What I do like about the tros is that now I can have a rail and try different optics. The design machine mount, you're stuck with whatever mount/optic combo you get.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could contact Duane at design machine. He's a real nice guy and probably be able to make whatever type of mount you want.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Duane is awesome to deal with. He makes the best mount available for the P90/PS90. I am sure he would be willing to help you out, I know he has done projects like this before and wouldn't be surprised if he has already made a mount like this before.

Quoted:

You could contact Duane at design machine. He's a real nice guy and probably be able to make whatever type of mount you want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top