Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2016 10:46:08 PM EDT
Have a SCAR 17 on the way and was wondering if anyone has run the Freedom Munitions 168 AMAX or HPBT through there SCAR 17 yet?  If so, how'd it run?  What kind of velocity and groups are you seeing?
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Curious about this too. I wonder how well Freedom Munitions SMK/AMAX loads in general hold up compared to their Federal/Hornady loaded counterparts.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I ran some of that HPBT but didn't get any numbers from it. Wanna say it averaged about 1.5 MOA or so at 100 yards with mine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Have a SCAR 17 on the way and was wondering if anyone has run the Freedom Munitions 168 AMAX or HPBT through there SCAR 17 yet?  If so, how'd it run?  What kind of velocity and groups are you seeing?
View Quote

I will have chrono data for you this weekend.  I'm going to put a few hundred rounds down range and I'll report back Sunday/Monday.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will have chrono data for you this weekend.  I'm going to put a few hundred rounds down range and I'll report back Sunday/Monday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome thank you!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Overall, I'm impressed for a reload.  I thought we'd lose much more velocity given the 16" barrel.  Freedom measures their rounds using the standard 15ft distance on a 24" barrel.

Factory velocity: 2680 fps

My results:
Avg: 2485 fps @ 15ft

Low: 2442 fps
High: 2510 fps
St Dev: 17 fps
Temp: 84 F

I ran 20 rounds to warm up the barrel then shot 20 more rounds to collect this data:

(I don't like to post pictures of my groups, sorry)
Groups were about 1.5 MOA at 150yds with the stock trigger and my finger (no gun clamp or rest - bipod only).  I think if I clamped the gun down, I'm positive I can get much better groups to <1 MOA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top