Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2016 5:10:35 PM EDT
Is there anywhere to get one of these other than Gunbroker? I've had one on order for almost seven months now and no luck. It is driving me absolutely crazy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Prices seem way high on Gunbroker, I imagine the supply is low.  Probably no good deals online, might have better luck with a brick and mortar shop. Try using the dealer locator for a distributor like Lipsey's.  You can at least find out if the big distributors have them.
https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=FN98541
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#2]
If you get one keep an eye out for the FDE recall one's that are out there. Suck to get a rifle and have to send it in for repair for six months.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:56:18 AM EDT
[#3]
You most likely won't get one (atleast for the price you want to pay) until next year with the elections coming up and Californians paying anything for them before jan 2017
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I found one at a Gander Mountain for $3300. I checked the serial number and it was a recall one.

I hope finding one after the first of the year is a possibility.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you get one keep an eye out for the FDE recall one's that are out there. Suck to get a rifle and have to send it in for repair for six months.
View Quote

People on the FN forum are getting their rifles back in about 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny story on the recall.

I picked my new 17 last Friday. Sure enough the serial number falls right in the middle of the range.  Called FN on Tuesday gave them the number, we don't have that number on the list, we'll call you back.  Call from FN says I got lucky.  Apparently there were 25 rifles in the number range that had been pulled and had the bolt tested prior to shipping.  My rifle was one of them.  I immediately went and bought a lotto ticket. Lol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Buds FDE

Buds has a used FDE for $3099. Comes with 3 mags. Not a bad deal at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess the $2700 I paid for my used one wasn't so bad then.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Dupe
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is there anywhere to get one of these other than Gunbroker? I've had one on order for almost seven months now and no luck. It is driving me absolutely crazy.
View Quote

I'm in same situation. A friend who works for FN on the mil R&D side told me a few months ago a summer shipment was expected.

Still waiting.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Apparently there were 25 rifles in the number range that had been pulled and had the bolt tested prior to shipping.  My rifle was one of them.  I immediately went and bought a lotto ticket. Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Apparently there were 25 rifles in the number range that had been pulled and had the bolt tested prior to shipping.  My rifle was one of them.  I immediately went and bought a lotto ticket. Lol.

Cool story!  I've never heard of this though, so for piece of mind you might want to call back and see if another employee gives you get the same story.  

Quoted:
a summer shipment was expected.
Still waiting.

Yes, but what year!    
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm in same situation. A friend who works for FN on the mil R&D side told me a few months ago a summer shipment was expected.

Still waiting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still waiting.

I wouldn't hold your breath although I am pulling for you. The trend I've noticed over the past few years is that FDE Scar 17's hit early in the year through to spring. IIRC the Black 17's come before them at the beginning of the year, then the same process is repeated for the 16's and so on and so forth. They may have changed things up recently due to high demand but that cycle is what I've witnessed in years past.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top