Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2016 11:50:20 PM EDT
Current political considerations not withstanding, If FN wanted to produce the FNC in the States:
1. Would it be "legal" or allowed?
2. Would there be  market?  I know I'd want one!

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Current political considerations not withstanding, If FN wanted to produce the FNC in the States:
1. Would it be "legal" or allowed?
2. Would there be  market?  I know I'd want one!

Thanks
View Quote

Yes it is legal.
I think the market would be strong.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I want to see this more than anything else.

My Grail gun.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
It could be done, and I think it would be cool, but I think it would tank.  

The market for "Alt-5.56"s is not very strong, and FN would be more likely to be slitting their own throats by siphoning off potential SCAR sales than really being a serious contender.  

How much would they sell them for?  Or perhaps more importantly, what would they have to be priced to be competitive with ARs?  

How many "Alt-5.56"s have been attempted and released to thunderous fanfare, only to trickle out the doors, and die an ignominious death, often right before quietly being taken off the market?  

::shrug::

I've fired plenty of FNCs and AK5s and have always found myself wanting my M4 back, and being super unimpressed.  

I think options on the market are good, and I think it'd be cool if the FNC was more available, but I certainly wouldn't buy one, and I suspect their "popularity" has more to do with their rarity than anything else, in which case, if they were re-released, much of their cachet would disappear, and they would languish.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Also....for what it's worth FN makes AR's......   would they make a rifle to undercut that....?.... or the SCAR?
Just saying.............
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd buy one if they did that, but I think it's highly unlikely.  

I am super impressed with the SCAR though, and they'd be better off bringing SCAR production here.  I heard tell that was going to happen.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top