Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel it comes and goes annually in waves due to the fact that they release colors by model one at a time. So when FDE 17's hit there's an influx of them and prices drop as those waiting snag theirs. Later on as supply dries up and they are releasing only black 17's then the black ones drop in price and the FDE models in turn go up in price as demand is driven up due to less supply, the same thing happens with the 16's as well. I've watched this cycle take place over and over and again since 2011 with both the 17 and 16.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
DUPE:Mods Please delete!
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#3]
This guy knows what he's talking about!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel it comes and goes annually in waves due to the fact that they release colors by model one at a time. So when FDE 17's hit there's an influx of them and prices drop as those waiting snag theirs. Later on as supply dries up and they are releasing only black 17's then the black ones drop in price and the FDE models in turn go up in price as demand is driven up due to less supply, the same thing happens with the 16's as well. I've watched this cycle take place over and over and again since 2011 with both the 17 and 16.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
just got an email. Midwest Gun Works has some 17S FDE in stock.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
just got an email. Midwest Gun Works has some 17S FDE in stock.
View Quote

Yeah for $3,300+. Damn. Hard to stomach after seeing the 2015 Labor Day Preppers price of $2,459.

I'm going to roll the dice and wait. Hillary will probably win. Prices will go to $5,000+ for a year. Prices will start to slowly drop over the next year to two after people calm down and realize besides "the gunshot loophole" and the "no fly no buy" pushes Hillary can't do shit, and eventually, about 2 1/2 years from now. Prices will be back to an average of $2,600 as sales slow and dealers realize they aren't going to sell the 20 SCARS they have in the back for the huge profit margins they had been getting after the election.

There are only so many people willing to pay $3,300+ for a battle rifle that's half plastic. Once those people buy their rifles, demand will drop and prices will follow.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Still nothing on black rifles.  Getting tired of waiting, honestly.  Was hoping to pick one up before the election, but it's looking rather unlikely.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Still nothing on black rifles.  Getting tired of waiting, honestly.  Was hoping to pick one up before the election, but it's looking rather unlikely.  
View Quote

I guess the upside to paying in full on the order I made back in April is that I'm not subject to panic pricing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I guess the upside to paying in full on the order I made back in April is that I'm not subject to panic pricing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd seriously check the status of your backorder with your dealer.  I picked up a scar 16 from my ffl yesterday and he had 3 scar 17's, 1 black and 2 fde.  He said that is what he had left over after filling his back orders.  I don't know how many back orders he had though.  I also saw this on facebook last friday.

90 scar 17's on the way!

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Again for $3,350 cash price plus some BS language about custom builds of $5k+ taking priority over stock rifles.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Again for $3,350 cash price plus some BS language about custom builds of $5k+ taking priority over stock rifles.
View Quote

What an utter scam:

"We are prioritizing larger orders first so if you dying to have this rifle before the end of year, order an ELCAN optic with (3) accessories and your order will be prioritized."
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What an utter scam:

"We are prioritizing larger orders first so if you dying to have this rifle before the end of year, order an ELCAN optic with (3) accessories and your order will be prioritized."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What an utter scam:

Is this the same douche that charges a few hundred bucks to make the rifle AWB compliant for states like CA and NJ?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Is this the same douche that charges a few hundred bucks to make the rifle AWB compliant for states like CA and NJ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What an utter scam:

He may sell the first 90 for that. And the next 90. But he's gonna be one of those guys two years from now when people calm down after they realize Hillarys gun control pushes go no that will be sitting on dozens of SCAR inventory he can't move at $3,300. And that's when prices will start to drop like crazy again.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
He may sell the first 90 for that. And the next 90. But he's gonna be one of those guys two years from now when people calm down after they realize Hillarys gun control pushes go no that will be sitting on dozens of SCAR inventory he can't move at $3,300. And that's when prices will start to drop like crazy again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What an utter scam:

Except 2 years from now we'll have a liberal majority in the SCOTUS.

Gun prices aren't going down for a long ass time - we'll be lucky to have any gun rights left by the end of her 4 year reign....

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 2:50:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Gun prices aren't going down for a long ass time - we'll be lucky to have any gun rights left by the end of her 4 year reign....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What an utter scam:

You guys panic to much. The Supreme Court has a back log of over 200 cases, and they only do so many per year. Even if a left judge got in today it would be years before anything made it there. They also ruled that the 2nd applied to citizens, and not just militias only a couple years ago. They are not going to revisit something they recently ruled on.

You know how many people told me "gun prices aren't going down for a long ass time" after Sandy Hook? Dozens. After Obama got reelected to a second term? Dozens. But panic buy if you must. I look forward to selling another Colt 6920 for $2400.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 5:55:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What an utter scam:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

I didn't post that to derail the thread or get him customers, I only posted to show that scars are and have been going out to dealers and backorders should have already been filled.  And not to derail the thread even further the scotus picks may not make an impact immediately, but will fundamentally change our country for future generations.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I'd seriously check the status of your backorder with your dealer.  I picked up a scar 16 from my ffl yesterday and he had 3 scar 17's, 1 black and 2 fde.  He said that is what he had left over after filling his back orders.  I don't know how many back orders he had though.  I also saw this on facebook last friday.

90 scar 17's on the way!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/nchapa/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-10-11-07-55-10_zpsghwlryax.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

90 scar 17's on the way!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/nchapa/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2016-10-11-07-55-10_zpsghwlryax.png

I had a SCAR 16 on order not the 17. Checking GunBroker it looks likes 17s are coming in, but I still don't see any 16s.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Unless the wholesale prices on Scars went up, I hope fn57sale.com goes tits up like CTD
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Unless the wholesale prices on Scars went up, I hope fn57sale.com goes tits up like CTD
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They just updated their terms now... it's even worse

***BECAUSE OF HIGH DEMAND WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING CALIFORNIA ORDERS FOR THE RIFLE BY ITSELF***
***CA ORDERS MUST ADD AT LEAST (3) ACCESSORIES AND TOTAL INVOICE PRICE MUST AT OR ABOVE $5000 ***
NON CA ORDERS ARE ALSO ENCOURAGED TO ADD AT LEAST (3) ACCESSORIES TO THE ORDER. WE PRIORITIZE SHIPPING BASED ON TOTAL INVOICE PRICE. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE DELIVERY IF YOU ONLY ORDER JUST THE RIFLE. WE HAVE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE ALL WANTING TO ORDER THIS RIFLE AND THE AVERAGE TICKET IS AROUND $5000.

What a racket.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What a racket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

***BECAUSE OF HIGH DEMAND WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING CALIFORNIA ORDERS FOR THE RIFLE BY ITSELF***
***CA ORDERS MUST ADD AT LEAST (3) ACCESSORIES AND TOTAL INVOICE PRICE MUST AT OR ABOVE $5000 ***
NON CA ORDERS ARE ALSO ENCOURAGED TO ADD AT LEAST (3) ACCESSORIES TO THE ORDER. WE PRIORITIZE SHIPPING BASED ON TOTAL INVOICE PRICE. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE DELIVERY IF YOU ONLY ORDER JUST THE RIFLE. WE HAVE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE ALL WANTING TO ORDER THIS RIFLE AND THE AVERAGE TICKET IS AROUND $5000.

What a racket.

Yeah, they should go under.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I had a SCAR 16 on order not the 17. Checking GunBroker it looks likes 17s are coming in, but I still don't see any 16s.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

90 scar 17's on the way!

Yeah, the 16s is nowhere to be found.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

90 scar 17's on the way!

Some rifles are starting to flow. I received my SCAR 16S today,  and 17S is getting ready to ship,  through Quantico Tactical (MIL/LEO pricing) after a little over 60 days. I hope some of your orders will be filled soon!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#22]
So if I wanted to buy a SCAR 17S, without paying extortionate pricing, where would I go?  I no longer qualify for LE pricing, but I do qualify for the NRA instructor price.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Some rifles are starting to flow. I received my SCAR 16S today,  and 17S is getting ready to ship,  through Quantico Tactical (MIL/LEO pricing) after a little over 60 days. I hope some of your orders will be filled soon!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

90 scar 17's on the way!

My dealer just called and said they got a single black 16 today, and they offered it to me instead of the FDE since there's still no ETA.

Should I jump on the black or hold out for the FDE? I already paid in full, so I'm not worried about the price increasing.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#24]
You'll get your FDE SCAR...eventually. Unless your alternate plan is to sell the 16S during a potential...future...sellers market then the 16S in hand may be your best option. I expected a longer wait time than 60 days. Quantico Tactical indicated that they've got a buyer in line for a 16S that ordered in Feb 16. If the FDE SCAR is a must have...just anchor in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So if I wanted to buy a SCAR 17S, without paying extortionate pricing, where would I go?  I no longer qualify for LE pricing, but I do qualify for the NRA instructor price.
View Quote

and what sort of pricing would be a good target?  For those of you buying, if you found a 17s FDE, would you jump that $3k?  I think that's my personal target.  Just curious what others are aiming for.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#26]
The "California Gun Rush" is pushing prices higher in this low density, high demand, environment the SCAR rifles sit in now. January 2017 is critical for those folks. A perfect storm of state wide mandates, coupled with an election year, are not helping. If an autoloading .308 MBR is what you seek there are many other alternatives, at a fraction of the cost, with the difference buying thousands of rounds and training time. Personally, I'd invest my resources elsewhere given the prices stipulated below unless I was not resource constrained. I purchased a SCAR 16S and SCAR 17S for a total of $5,300. Price included in state taxes and shipping. That puts some perspective, and a dose of sanity as to what the platforms should be selling for...on the prices indicated below.

Gunbroker.com: 25 Oct 16, 1800EST

SCAR 17S - buy it now
Used: Starting at $3,800
New: $4,400 to $6,000

SCAR 16S - buy it now
Used: Starting at N/A
New: $3,500 to $5,000
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#27]
I hear that.  I think I am going to by an M1A as a hedge, and place an order for a SCAR 17 through the NRA instructor program.  The program price is $2550.  If they send me the gun in six months, that will be fine.  If it gets banned in the mean time, I will still have plenty of rifles, including the M1A.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude! Do this ASAP. I bought my second 17S through FN using the NRA Instructor Promo. I submitted my paperwork at the beginning of October and received my rifle last week!
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Dude! Do this ASAP. I bought my second 17S through FN using the NRA Instructor Promo. I submitted my paperwork at the beginning of October and received my rifle last week!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TFW not NRA instructor :'((((((
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does this program work?  I might just become an NRA certified instructor to get this discount. Seriously.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How does this program work?  I might just become an NRA certified instructor to get this discount. Seriously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Becoming an instructor requires a significant level of effort.  It will cost you more in time and money than the discount is worth.  In any event here is the link:

FN NRA Instructor Program
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am glad to hear they filled i so quickly.  I was thinking it would take many months. What color did you get?  The price list only has black.  Can you get FDE?  I don't really care that much, but the FDE looks cool.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#33]
The only color they offer through the program is black for the 17S.
As for the cost of being an NRA instructor, I paid $150 for the 16 hour class, and renewed after 2 years for $25. In the past 2 years I have purchased 2 SCAR 17S. The first one for $2499 with the free Geiselle trigger promo and the second for $2549. Considering the cost of the 17S these days, I think the NRA instructor certification has paid off very well. Not to mention the income to be made from training new handgun students. Also, it seems FN gives you priority in obtaining a firearm through the program. Both rifles were shipped to my FFL within 3 weeks of me submitting my paperwork.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Akula, your timing might be luck of the draw because FN just shipped out a completed batch of Scar17s and it lined up with your paperwork. I doubt anyone else submitting the same to FN will be getting a Scar17 anytime soon. Dealers are backlogged on orders. Same with people submitting .mil discounts, theyre still waiting on their orders.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top