Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2016 5:29:42 PM EDT
I see three scar 16s on the EE for under $2500. A month ago they were fetching $3k+ on GB. I really want a little brother to go with my 17 and don't know if this is a good time to buy or wait it out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
same. I did get triggered and panic bought a new FDE17 for $3k yesterday.

I am also eyeing the ones on the EE closely. Not sure if I will get triggered again
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Get one.
I put a TA 31 on mine.
Seems to be a good match.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Not in CA.

I sold my 16s for $3800.

17s are going for around 5k. Tempted to sell that one too, I can always buy another one when I move out of CA in a couple years.

After Jan 1st 2017 there will be no more SCARs available in CA for plebeians.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not in CA.

I sold my 16s for $3800.

17s are going for around 5k. Tempted to sell that one too, I can always buy another one when I move out of CA in a couple years.

View Quote

Just criminals
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Eh, for me that's alot of money to spend on something that doesn't do much more than my AR does.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Eh, for me that's alot of money to spend on something that doesn't do much more than my AR does.
View Quote

Agreed, but then again you have to look at future availability and if it is something you might want to have down the road for whatever reason.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]
There is still a crazy run on SCAR 17s FDE, i have been watching the market closely for the pass couple of weeks. As for the SCAR 16s i don't know.
Don't believe me, try getting a SCAR 17s FDE right now and see how much you're going to pay.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is still a crazy run on SCAR 17s FDE, i have been watching the market closely for the pass couple of weeks. As for the SCAR 16s i don't know.
Don't believe me, try getting a SCAR 17s FDE right now and see how much you're going to pay.
View Quote

$3091 with tax from my LGS. yesterday in fact
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#9]
A month ago was pre 41f , so anyone who wanted to SBR a SCAR was buying at 3k for a 16. Ask me how I know . I say buy it while you can. The next panic may be epic.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

17s are going for around 5k.
View Quote

That's FN crazy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:11:13 AM EDT
[#11]
If you have the cash, do it. I would if I could.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:56:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well that's the thing. I could force it but I would have to pull some cash from another account or something. I hate doing that. Or sell a gun. I don't want to do that either. If we get closer and it gets crazy we'll see. if I get a bonus I may pick it up. I was just surprised to see three of them on the EE after a few weeks ago being unobtanium..
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Still kicking myself for not picking up the FDE 17 last August for $2550. Is FN between shipments now or what?!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 3:18:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Still kicking myself for not picking up the FDE 17 last August for $2550. Is FN between shipments now or what?!
View Quote

They might be, I don't know. I was trying to get a new ps90 for weeks and ended up getting one from the ee. My ffl said it would be maybe 2 months or less till he could get me one. No distributors had any. A few popped up on the ee but they went fast because they were a decent price.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well that's the thing. I could force it but I would have to pull some cash from another account or something. I hate doing that. Or sell a gun. I don't want to do that either. If we get closer and it gets crazy we'll see. if I get a bonus I may pick it up. I was just surprised to see three of them on the EE after a few weeks ago being unobtanium..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't risk it if its something you want. I would get it. Fn might have halted production till after elections, I don't know. I had to take money from savings to get my ps90 but its something I wanted and didn't want to risk not getting one later.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That's FN crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's FN crazy.

Not as FN crazy as post Sandy Hook days - a dude sold a 17 for $7,000 - I was at my local gun shop and he was there having them ship it to the buyer's FFL.

Honestly, the prices aren't going to get any cheaper - Hillary has it made.

You think the prices are high now? Just wait until this fall. You'll be lucky to get a SCAR for less than $5,000 (if you can even find one).

The time to buy is now people...
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not as FN crazy as post Sandy Hook days - a dude sold a 17 for $7,000 - I was at my local gun shop and he was there having them ship it to the buyer's FFL.

You think the prices are high now? Just wait until this fall. You'll be lucky to get a SCAR for less than $5,000 (if you can even find one).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's FN crazy.

Agreed. I sold my FDE 17 for 6K after Sandy Hook. Still have the black one but looking to pick up another FDE.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just criminals
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not in CA.

I sold my 16s for $3800.

Just criminals

Has a SCAR ever been used to commit a crime?  Real question.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I picked up a fde 17 today to go with my black one glad I did
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not in CA.

I sold my 16s for $3800.

Just criminals

Criminals can't afford a SCAR.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not in CA.

I sold my 16s for $3800.

Just criminals

I dought it very serously. Just like suprressors, the movies show them all the time but im not familier with any murder useing one. Ever. But we still have to jump threw hoops and wait 8+ months for it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not in CA.

I sold my 16s for $3800.

Just criminals

Said no criminal selling drugs
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Bought another 17 this week for $3100 after negotiating. Not too much of a mark-up especially with 7 mags and a extended rail NIB . Some of these sellers are going full retard though. November prices should be interesting.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#24]
we are still out of Scars and working through a very long waiting list... I will see what I can find out about some FDE scar 17's Thanks,

this was the FN pro shop's response on 8/2. Man I really need one before november
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I bought one from LGS end of June.  

Was in there yesterday, they still haven't had another one come in since.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#26]
bought a nib 17 fde for $3k+tax last week. buying all i can afford till i can see how this election goes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not in CA.

I sold my 16s for $3800.

View Quote

They will find a way to make them legal under new CA law. Like the AR15s. The "new" bullet button is already out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Considering the dealer price has gone up from like 2360 to 2500, I would say no.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#29]
The run has always been high, even prior to current events. The hard part is having money in hand ready to buy one. There was another thread on this where someone was saying that more SCARs would flood the market and prices would come down. If you think that is the case, stop kidding yourself. The Battlefield Vegas video on YT praising the SCARs durability will also cause a demand on obtaining a SCAR.

I worked a OT gig involving a certain presidential candidate. I used the OT money to buy a SCAR 16s in FDE prior to Orlando four days prior for 2400. Naming it after that bitch.

Paying a higher price now is securing your spot prior to November when prices will no doubt spike even higher. The higher price which is probably just a few hundred dollars more will be nothing when HRC is likely elected.

I already own a SCAR 17s in FDE, thankfully.

WIth the current recall on SCAR 17s. One has to wonder where all the 400+ SCAR17s are sitting that were recalled.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The run has always been high, even prior to current events. The hard part is having money in hand ready to buy one. There was another thread on this where someone was saying that more SCARs would flood the market and prices would come down. If you think that is the case, stop kidding yourself. The Battlefield Vegas video on YT praising the SCARs durability will also cause a demand on obtaining a SCAR.

I worked a OT gig involving a certain presidential candidate. I used the OT money to buy a SCAR 16s in FDE prior to Orlando four days prior for 2400. Naming it after that bitch.

Paying a higher price now is securing your spot prior to November when prices will no doubt spike even higher. The higher price which is probably just a few hundred dollars more will be nothing when HRC is likely elected.

I already own a SCAR 17s in FDE, thankfully.

WIth the current recall on SCAR 17s. One has to wonder where all the 400+ SCAR17s are sitting that were recalled.
View Quote

Most of those recalled were still sitting at the distributor, so I believe that was a new shipment that was about to hit stores. 400 of them seems like a lot but with demand this high, I doubt they would have lasted long.

I picked up my last scar yesterday, a 17. Paid 2950 out the door.

I'm done buying scars, since I have two fde 16s and two 17s, one black and one fde. I'm set luckily.

I do hope you guys can find the ones you're after. Good luck on the hunt guys!
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#31]
didnt realize the 16S was getting soo expensive.  I have a black 16S I may wanna dump now to fund another project, just not sure if I'd regret it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I picked mine up in Feb/Mar for $2800.... I'm happy to have it now than hoping to snag one a bit cheaper later down the line.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
didnt realize the 16S was getting soo expensive.  I have a black 16S I may wanna dump now to fund another project, just not sure if I'd regret it.
View Quote

Wait 60 days....

Those of us who have been around for 94', 2004', 2008' and 2012 know what's coming. If the race is close...there will be a panic. If  you don't love your 16S and want to make another $1k on it just hang on. Don't take my word for it...
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Noticed on the for sale board at my local gun club there was an NFA SBR 17S with a lot of accessories for sale yesterday, $2,300....super cheap to me. I already have two and don't really need/want another.

ETA........It's sold now. Just called and the poster was gone.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 1:22:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Deals are out there you just gotta look. There's a bone stock 17 in the EE right now for $4000
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Deals are out there you just gotta look. There's a bone stock 17 in the EE right now for $4000
View Quote

...and they are now selling on gunbroker at these prices.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 1:28:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They will find a way to make them legal under new CA law. Like the AR15s. The "new" bullet button is already out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not in CA.

I sold my 16s for $3800.

Yeah, I plan to buy a few for my "unregistered" (pre 2014) AR's to avoid having to register as an Assault Rifle Offender in 2016 CA. In November I'll be selling everything else I bought after 2014, including my SCAR, since I don't plan on re-registering anything with the State. I plan to GTFO of CA in the next couple of years and I don't want to keep any guns tied to this tyrannical state.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 2:26:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.......Uh no they are sitting on Gunbroker at those prices. Only a fool would pay that price at this point. Post election maybe if Clinton wins.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Of course I'm late to the party and I want one now after years of procrastinating.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Of course I'm late to the party and I want one now after years of procrastinating.
View Quote

That's me to a T right now
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Me Too!!!

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

this x1,000,000

not sure if i should go full retard and pick one up for ~$3500+ or calm down and be patient

Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

this x1,000,000

not sure if i should go full retard and pick one up for ~$3500+ or calm down and be patient

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this x1,000,000

I'm waiting.  I can't justify that kinda price on a gun that is worth significantly less.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm waiting.  I can't justify that kinda price on a gun that is worth significantly less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this x1,000,000

I've resigned myself to this as well. Think I'll get on Quantico's Mil/LE list and wait it out.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I've resigned myself to this as well. Think I'll get on Quantico's Mil/LE list and wait it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

this x1,000,000

If were any of you, I wouldn't wait - after Hillary gets elected that $3,500 - $4,000 price tag is going to seem like a bargain.

Calling it now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Think I'll get on Quantico's Mil/LE list and wait it out.
View Quote

Has this worked for anyone? I've been on a MIL/LE waiting list since April for a rifle that had already been ordered. Even had to pay in full to claim one of the already ordered rifles.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#47]
I would watch this and other EEs like a hawk. You should be able to find a new or slightly used one for about what they paid for it. Maybe a few hundred bucks over. I wouldn't wait if i was in your shoes. Hillary will most likely win. Good luck finding a deal then. You must not want one that bad if you are willing to risk trump getting elected. Be safe and get one now. I seen this coming. Ordered a backup 17s in the spring time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Has this worked for anyone? I've been on a MIL/LE waiting list since April for a rifle that had already been ordered. Even had to pay in full to claim one of the already ordered rifles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty certain that all le backorders from april have been filled by fn.  I have a few friends that have gotten scars in the last couple of months that got on a list in may/june.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If were any of you, I wouldn't wait - after Hillary gets elected that $3,500 - $4,000 price tag is going to seem like a bargain.

Calling it now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this x1,000,000

Calling it now.

Every sporting rifle is going to do this in value.  So while I am not overspending on this, I'd then just rather get other guns I want that aren't currently marked up while I wait for this one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I'm pretty certain that all le backorders from april have been filled by fn.  I have a few friends that have gotten scars in the last couple of months that got on a list in may/june.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forgot to mention this was for a SCAR 16. I know there was a batch of 17s that came in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top