Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2016 7:29:55 PM EDT
Between the PMM rear QD mount and the KDG rear QD mount, which would you say is "better"?
Im trying to decide between the 2 and I cant seem to land on a decision.  Im kind of leaning towards the KDG, but I dont know... Im liking the PMM one a lot too.  The PMM looks like it may be a bit stronger.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've the PMM rear QDs on both my SCARs, & Jarod's work is as good as it gets.  I'm sure the KDG is nice, too, but I already have quite a few PMM goodies so it was a no brainer for me.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't comment on the KDG but I've made several purchases with Jarod at PMM and his attention to detail, quality of product and service are top notch. The QD mount he makes is A+ hardware and I'm very happy with it. One vote for PMM.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
While I don't sling my SCAR that often I have the PMM QD's on both of mine. They held up just fine for hunting season this past year and installation was a cinch. All the PMM products I've bought are top notch in my book, very good attention to detail.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
EDIT: Nevermind.  Ive been pretty stupid lately and saying a lot of stupid things.

Anyway, in the end I think I landed on the PMM mount.  I have the KDG MREX rail & front QD mount in the mail right now, I also just installed the KDG SAS stock... might as well spread the love at least a little.

I like how it mounts too.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the KDG on my 17 and the PMM on the 16. I like the aesthetics of the KDG better and I like how it mounts directly to the receiver for a more flush and custom look. That said I didn't like having to remove that screw in order to mount it. The PMM is functional and simple.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the KDG on my 17 and the PMM on the 16. I like the aesthetics of the KDG better and I like how it mounts directly to the receiver for a more flush and custom look. That said I didn't like having to remove that screw in order to mount it. The PMM is functional and simple.
View Quote

Thats one of the reasons I went with PMM too.  I liked how it mounted to the sling attachment that is already there instead of having to remove screws from the receiver and all that.  It seems like something Id rather avoid if possible.

I do like the overall looks of the smaller KDG mount though.

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Good info I'm in the process of getting QD mounts too think I'll get PMM.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll throw out the GG&G QD mount. I like mine a lot
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll throw out the GG&G QD mount. I like mine a lot
View Quote

I just got one of these. At the 'smith getting put on along with a Kinetic rail.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Yeah, I have the IWC version as a front sling mount on my 17S. I have a second for my 16S but it's on standby as I use a S&S Precision Sling Clip instead (side story).

There was a big to-do on FNFORUM.net about the differences between the IWC and PMM mount, mainly regarding the type of hardware used to fasten the mount to the existing sling loops and the material used for the mount.

The PMM mount is aluminum, while the IWC is steel. Given that typical sling swivels have steel ball bearings, there is concern that, over time, would wear the aluminum of the PMM mount, causing potential reliability issues downstream. Since the IWC is steel, this should be less of a concern. Whether or not this is a realistic concern is for others to decide.

Also, the IWC appears to use higher quality fasteners (I think IWC addresses this on their product page), but I am only going off of what is advertised.

I personally think the PMM has a cleaner overall appearance than the IWC but I went with IWC for its steel construction.

I'm not bashing PMM or anything, nor do I want to take a side in the aforementioned debate. As a side note, I think PMM hit a homerun with their replacement side and bottom rails should users wish to go with a KeyMod or M-Lok mounting system. Very slick.

ETA: I'm also a fan of mounts that do not require removing the factory screws. I know a lot of people successfully do so with a heat gun, but that's not something I have wanted to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:58:49 PM EDT
[#12]
So apparently the PMM sling mount isnt compatible with the KDG SAS stock.  I knew I should have asked first because I had a feeling there would be an issue.
Thats disappointing.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#13]

I'm happy with the IWC mounts on my SCAR.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Is there any kind of chance that having something like a KDG rear QD mount screwed into the receiver could cause damage if something were to snag the sling and yank on that point?
I kind of assumed the sling would detach before that happened, I just thought Id ask first.

I have a feeling its my only option at this point if I want a QD attachment at the rear of the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is there any kind of chance that having something like a KDG rear QD mount screwed into the receiver could cause damage if something were to snag the sling and yank on that point?
I kind of assumed the sling would detach before that happened, I just thought Id ask first.

I have a feeling its my only option at this point if I want a QD attachment at the rear of the receiver.
View Quote

I don't think that's real likely, but I went with the IWC mount because it only screws into itself.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't think that's real likely, but I went with the IWC mount because it only screws into itself.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you using it with the SAS stock by any chance?
I liked the idea of having something that attached to the mount thats already there so I wouldnt have to mess with the receiver or anything, but I feel like anything that attaches at that rear sling attachment wont work with the SAS stock.  When I was trying to get the PMM mount attached, and the stock wouldnt go back on, I looked closely and it looks like the KDG mount for the stock sits high just a bit, so anything sitting through the opening of the rear sling loop is going to block the SAS stock from sliding back on.

I was considering grinding down the edge of the stock mount a little, but Id really rather avoid doing that too.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I liked the idea of having something that attached to the mount thats already there so I wouldnt have to mess with the receiver or anything, but I feel like anything that attaches at that rear sling attachment wont work with the SAS stock.  When I was trying to get the PMM mount attached, and the stock wouldnt go back on, I looked closely and it looks like the KDG mount for the stock sits high just a bit, so anything sitting through the opening of the rear sling loop is going to block the SAS stock from sliding back on.

I was considering grinding down the edge of the stock mount a little, but Id really rather avoid doing that too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I have the factory stock on mine.  I think I see what you're worried about after looking at the SAS stock.  It may be possible to flip the IWC mount around so the QD cup is facing inboard rather than towards the stock.  I'll take a look at mine and see.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, I have the IWC version as a front sling mount on my 17S. I have a second for my 16S but it's on standby as I use a S&S Precision Sling Clip instead (side story).
Snip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anybody tried the IWC sling points?

Snip.

Thanks for the information and review.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top