Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2016 3:26:43 PM EDT
(EDIT: Im dumb and its fine.  I thought if the glue gave out, the knob would be loose enough to rotate on the handle, but it couldnt... so nevermind.)

I ordered a Stryker E.A.C.H. charging handle for my SCAR 17 and it just delivered.  I was looking it over and I was a little surprised to see how it was put together.  I could tell before I ordered it that the knob is pinned on to the handle, but when I was looking it over I noticed its also "glued" on to the handle.  The glue is basically all that keeps the end in place.  I thought the handle would *insert* into the end piece then it was pinned on, but the adhesive is basically all that would be keeping the end in place.  

The first thing I thought was, I wonder if the adhesive would crack and give out or something after a while of it being slammed back and forth over and over.  I was curious if anyone here has gotten extensive use out of it and if it holds up to abuse.  

I do like it on the rifle a lot though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought the handle itself was actually pinned in place to the part which interfaces with the bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought the handle itself was actually pinned in place to the part which interfaces with the bolt carrier.
View Quote

Its pinned with a roll pin but you can also see glue.
I was just doing yard work and thinking about it, and I just realized that its fine.

My thought was that if the glue gave out for whatever reason, then the knob would rotate on the part that attaches to the bolt carrier... but then I realized Im an idiot and it wouldnt be able to rotate the way its put on there.  

So this thread is pointless now as far as my original question goes.  I suppose if anyone has any especially terrible experiences with the charging handle it would be good to know though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had mine for a few years now and its held up well. Even dropped it on concrete a few times.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Never noticed glue on mine. Absolutely love the charging handle. It's actually the best charging handle out of all my guns.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
i use the ggg handle but ive never heard of a single issue with the stryker version.  worst case you lose the plastic grippy piece but the metal bar will be there for emergency use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top