Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/29/2016 3:46:15 PM EDT
Looking at getting one but am a little apprehensive about it. I would like to hear your thoughts from any owners on here. I have a few AR's and a 762 rifle but was looking at something that was small and better than a 9mm. I really like that the whole weapon measures 26" long and has the capability of having 50 rnds on board. I guess I am skeptical about the actual ballistics of the 5.7 round and its availability as well. Would like to hear what fellows owners have to say about that and the overall functionality of the weapon.. Thanks S...
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
There is decent ballistic info out there.

As long as you understand (and you seem to) that it was meant to be comparable to 9mm and not a replacement for a rifle cartridge then I think you'll be happy with it.

I think the PS90 itself is good but really needs to be an SBR, as an SBR it will be around 19.5". If you're planning on keeping it at 26" I think the argument could be made you'd might be better off with something like an x95.

For ammo I've picked up a bunch of ss197 from PSA recently when they had free shipping for it and it was like $17.99/box. The AE stuff is out there but actually more expensive. And there is ss195 and ss198 currently available for decent prices.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot my first PS90 two days ago.  Was not impressed. I have a bunch of AR's, a Tavor and a SCAR heavy and I really thought I needed a PS90 too. I shot a friends at the range and it was awkward. The stock sights are just useless little teeny peeps on the forward rail. I was told it was made for a red dot or reflex sight to really be effective. I also felt the cheek weld was very low as well. I found it very difficult to shoot but a lot of  people including my friend just love it. Build quality and round effectiveness are top notch, but loading the mags was a bit awkward until you get used to it I would think. Recoil was almost non-existent and it was very accurate at 50 yards.

Just my opinion, coming from a guy who had an FS2000 and sold it and is looking to get out of his Tavor now. I don't seem to gel with bull-pups as much as I try.   YMMV of course.

Good luck OP
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My PS90 SBR is a constant favorite among kids and ladies as it is simple to use, light weight and has a lot of features they like (on board dot sight, big simple duplo controls, virtually zero recoil, downward ejection means you can stand right next to a shooter, etc.).

That said it is probably the most sci-fi and toylike than a lot of stuff I own. It is fun to shoot, very accurate, the 50 round mag will go energizer bunny to the point your finger starts to get numb and it is super simple to take down and clean. On the negative side it attracts a lot of unwanted attention on public ranges... Every Tom, Dick and Harry COD player, Stargate fan, critic and fudd who has an ax to grind will be tapping on your shoulder. I cannot think of a single time I had it out at one of the local public ranges and did not get one of them approaching me. The trigger is also not the best and the ballistic performance is not rifle level.

But it is unique and fun, and that counts for something IMO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I shot my first PS90 two days ago.  Was not impressed. I have a bunch of AR's, a Tavor and a SCAR heavy and I really thought I needed a PS90 too. I shot a friends at the range and it was awkward. The stock sights are just useless little teeny peeps on the forward rail. I was told it was made for a red dot or reflex sight to really be effective. I also felt the cheek weld was very low as well. I found it very difficult to shoot but a lot of  people including my friend just love it. Build quality and round effectiveness are top notch, but loading the mags was a bit awkward until you get used to it I would think. Recoil was almost non-existent and it was very accurate at 50 yards.

Just my opinion, coming from a guy who had an FS2000 and sold it and is looking to get out of his Tavor now. I don't seem to gel with bull-pups as much as I try.   YMMV of course.

Good luck OP
View Quote

I understand the issues you describe. The good thing is they really have been solved by the aftermarket. Low profile red dot mounts, to replace the rail, are available to put a red dot at the proper height. The Mankave extended mag release makes mag changes MUCH better. For actual loading of the mag it becomes easier with practice. I've found it best to put the next round to the left of the previous round against the case, flat and push straight down. That rotates the previous round well and allows for the new round to be pushed back.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My PS90 SBR is a constant favorite among kids and ladies as it is simple to use, light weight and has a lot of features they like (on board dot sight, big simple duplo controls, virtually zero recoil, downward ejection means you can stand right next to a shooter, etc.).

That said it is probably the most sci-fi and toylike than a lot of stuff I own. It is fun to shoot, very accurate, the 50 round mag will go energizer bunny to the point your finger starts to get numb and it is super simple to take down and clean. On the negative side it attracts a lot of unwanted attention on public ranges... Every Tom, Dick and Harry COD player, Stargate fan, critic and fudd who has an ax to grind will be tapping on your shoulder. I cannot think of a single time I had it out at one of the local public ranges and did not get one of them approaching me. The trigger is also not the best and the ballistic performance is not rifle level.

View Quote

Also shooting sight is set to release a new trigger pack in the coming months.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems like a love it or hate it kind of gun.  I love mine and should have my Form 1 back any day now to return it to its originally intended length.  I find it incredibly compact and easy to use as it comes from the factory, SBRing it obviously will make it even moreso.  Ammo availability is great right now for SS197.  I get sub 1" groups at 50 yards with mine, it is currently my favorite of all my guns.  I went back and forth for years on whether or not to get one, now I wish I would've had one a long time ago I enjoy it so much.  As my brother says, "if you want one and can afford one, why not?  You can't take it with you when you go."
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]
If you SBR and suppress them, they make a great SD/HD gun IMO.

My other go to SD/HD gun is a suppressed 9mm AR.

One really should consider the flash, blast and noise if they plan on shooting a weapon in an enclosed area (i.e. room/house), most likely w/o hearing protection.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Start buying this now while it is still relatively cheap.  

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
There's not a lot that's not already been said but I'll add my perspective as a PS90 SBR owner. If you're worried about ballistics, understand that was never a goal of this firearm. It isn't a magnum elk slayer or anything, but if you think of it as an alternative to a pistol caliber carbine you're on the right track. Having said that, it can be a nasty little round especially out of SBRs and rifles. There are a few pics floating around of 197 being used to take a whitetail that absolutely devastated its chest cavity.

Also, it was really meant to be enjoyed in SBR form. If you're going to keep it 26" I'd just as soon go with any rifle caliber bullpup, you'd only be adding a pound or two, and have far more effective ballistics. In its SBR form it is about as short as you'd want to go at <20", and is barely more cumbersome than a pistol while being significantly easier to shoot quickly/accurately.

I do feel comfortable using mine as an HD gun, due to its size/ammo capacity. My main HD gun is still my Mk18, though. You may also find its a handy little coyote gun, or useful for similar sized pest control. The 197 does use a 40gr v-max bullet after all, and I have found mine is actually very easy to shoot for tight groups, at least considering what kind of gun it is.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not convinced its superior to a quality 9mm round inside of 25 yards.   I know there were some reports of one or two departments using it and supposedly having really good results.   But its really meant to fill the gap between 9mm and 5.56 when it comes to the range in between 25 to 200 yards.   If I was ever in an environment where I had to be concerned about longer distance engagements but could only carry a pistol, I would carry the 5.7 handgun.   Even with the handgun, its not too hard to hit steel plates at 100 yards and you could surely make people duck.

Anyway the carbine isn't something you can really justify on technical merits alone.   Its cool, its Hollyood and its great as an SBR with a short can.  It would make for a great HD gun but you could say that about many SBRs with a can if you are okay using an NFA item for home defense.

I was hoping to see more guns come out using the round so it would make the caliber more popular and better to withstand any possible shortages or importation issues.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#11]
The PS90 would be a fantastic gun in 30 carbine.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Really...you have any more info...any links to other discussions?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over on the bullpupforum https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=9938.0
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought my ps90 in 2004 it is one of the gen1s in ODgreen.

200 yards is not hard with the 5.7 round but the wind plays havoc on the little bullet.
it is more powerful than the 22mag. that much is easy to see in use

most ranges will not allow 5.7 on the range steel but 22lr is OK.

5.7 is a great varmint round it is murder on coyotes and actually a great Turkey gun too.  

the ps90 points more like a fine shotgun than aims like a rifle.  it is great on moving targets with a red dot.  

most ballistics you will see on the 5.7 is out of the pistol not the 16" ps90 barrel

the five seven pistol is no slouch it is a fun gun too. again 200 yards is not hard but wind is rough.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I have many ARs, AKs, SCAR, AUGs, TAVOR, etc... you name it.   The PS90 is one of my favorites.  Terminal performance of an MP5, better ergonomics, more range, less cost, more concealable, much more capacity, better CQB.  In a SHTF situation, it would be my main weapon as you could have a 2000rd loadout which won't break your back.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, can't wait for that to hit the market.

OP, you know the base gun is roughly $1,100. Plan on spending at least another $500-$1,000 making it your own with optics, low profile rails, upgraded charging handle, upgraded magazine rollers, upgraded mag release, quick release sling sockets......... It's a great little platform, has killed lots of hogs and coyotes (per lots of posts on other sites) so it's got killing power, is relatively accurate under 200 yards, holds 50 rounds, has virtually no recoil, so small that it's easy to maneuver with if it's your indoor defense weapon and lastly the ammo has come way down in price that it's pretty affordable to shoot often.

Personally I love mine. It's my backpack gun when I feel I may need the firepower, HD gun 98% of the time due to the ease of shooting/50 rounds/low recoil so the wife is comfortable with it. If you buy one you ought to SBR and suppress it....then it's a really fun toy to have around.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:27:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep wishing someone would come up with a binary trigger like the Franklin one for the PS90. Maybe take back a little of the original intent of the design by boosting ROF.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:28:54 AM EDT
[#18]
They're sick

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#19]
very nice guys, I bit the bullet and bought one of the last ones I could find in my area a few days ago. I went and put 20 rounds through it yesterday quickly at a friends house and really love it. My son actually liked it alot too. I think I am going to get another one cause he likes it so much...
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:17:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I wouldn't even think about selling the ones that I have. Love them! Do it OP, you won't be disappointed! My first one was one of the first ever released. I was #33 on the Tanner's list. That may have been years ago, but every time I take one out, I'm really glad that I own the ones I do!
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
very nice guys, I bit the bullet and bought one of the last ones I could find in my area a few days ago. I went and put 20 rounds through it yesterday quickly at a friends house and really love it. My son actually liked it alot too. I think I am going to get another one cause he likes it so much...
View Quote

Good to hear, buy lots and lots of ammo!
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Any online places have them in stock right now?
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I want one too but not at 1300. I wish I would of bought one when they were 8-900. I would snatch one up right now at 1k.
Everyone that I know that has shot one, loves it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I finally shot mine I got at the end of last year, just in time for the 5 free mag deal.  I love it.  I put an aimpoint micro on it, but still may get a low profile sight mount.  The trigger on mine is not at all bad, way better than both of my fs2000's.  The only small complaint is that when sighting it in on a bench, the brass coming out downwards bounced up on my arm a couple of times, but no big deal since it is not a bench rest type of gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Just bought a 2nd one on Sunday. Going to keep it a 16" and use it as an emergency truck rifle since it's compatible with my FsN pistol for ammunition. With all the craziness I feel better about having the higher capacity immediately handy, just paranoid lately.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#26]
If you guys find any deals, post them up
Someone beat me to a used one on the ee.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#27]
It was one of those guns I always wanted but was afraid that I would regret buying it once the novelty wore off.  I have zero regrets buying one.  Its fast, accurate, and small and will be nice with a can. It came with 8 50rnd Mags and I keep buying ammo when I see it on sale and I have a Tros rail and Trij RDS.  I submitted my F1 to SBR it and will finish that when it clears the backlog.  

I bought one of these for it off of Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Laptop-Case-Foam-17-25-21-63/dp/B007LEVSGS

This is the same case with custom foam but expensive.  The same site will custom cut the foam for you but its still expensive and easier to do it yourself.
http://www.caseclub.com/ps90-gun-case.htm

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I love mine. If I had to sell all my guns, it would be the last one I'd let go. In other words, I have no intention of ever selling it, and I buy/sell guns all the time.
It's amazingly compact, with a well-thought out design. I love the way it feels in my hands. Mine has the original white reticle, which I like just fine. My PS90 also has the Gen 2 trigger pack, which is somewhat of a collectible.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I put a fast fire 3 red dot on mine. Also found a tennis racket bag works for that non threating look. Its funny to walk by people and they have no idea whats in there.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Shit... you guys are making me want a PS90 over the FS2000 now.
I'm worried it'll result in me buying a FiveSeven as well.

How hard is 5.7 to reload?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Shit... you guys are making me want a PS90 over the FS2000 now.
I'm worried it'll result in me buying a FiveSeven as well.

How hard is 5.7 to reload?
View Quote

Very hard. The cases have a coating that you cant take off or it wont feed right in the ps90. You cant tumble like normal, you have to wash them with soapy water only. The case volume is so small .2 grains can be to much and you pop a mag off from it being over pressure. It can be done but tricky.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:17:19 AM EDT
[#32]
It's not hard at all.  I reload for my PS90.

Washing the brass is easier than tumbling it.  The powder charge is tiny, so powder lasts a long time.  40 grain bullets don't cost too much.  The hard part was paying $80 for a shell plate because Dillon doesn't make one.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's not hard at all.  I reload for my PS90.

Washing the brass is easier than tumbling it.  The powder charge is tiny, so powder lasts a long time.  40 grain bullets don't cost too much.  The hard part was paying $80 for a shell plate because Dillon doesn't make one.

View Quote

IM'd you, would like to know where you sourced Dillion shell plate.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Might want to read threw this man. And look up kaboom ps9p reloads just to remind yourself of how easy it can go bad. Be safe.

http://www.dayattherange.com/?page_id=3297
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Might want to read threw this man. And look up kaboom ps9p reloads just to remind yourself of how easy it can go bad. Be safe.

http://www.dayattherange.com/?page_id=3297
View Quote

I didn't need to see that :( he has 12 ps90's and my ffl can't get ahold of one for me just yet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 5:38:47 AM EDT
[#38]
The shell holder for my Dillon 550 came from Elite Ammo, as I recall.

I use the Dillon powder measure with the small charge bar.  I measured a bunch of charges before I started loading cartridges... they were adequately consistent.  I don't load for anything close to max... I just load ammo that's cheap to shoot.  Some of my cases have been reloaded three or four times.  I can see the laquer flaking off in places, but my reloads are still better than American Eagle  I run my loads across a chronograph to make sure they are where I want them (I don't remember what velocity off the top of my head).  None of my reloaded/fired casings have shown any signs of being loaded too hot (or any other problems, for that matter).

90% of the 'blown up PS90' problems that I've seen are when folks load zippy ammo for their 5.7 pistol, and then put it in a Ps90.. the pistol can handle hotter ammo than the rifle.

I don't bother with simple green when I wash my cases, either... just hot water and a touch of dish soap.  Hot rinse, and air dry.  I'm not picking my empties up out of mud (usually I'm dumping them out of my nutsack).  There is nothing on them other than dust, and I don't want sand and dust getting into my dies.

Fiochhi may load both the American Eagle and the factory FN ammo, but they are not the same.  American Eagle sucks balls.  They don't seem to know how to get a bullet to stay in a casing upon feeding (I would have multiple experiences of a bullet getting pushed into the case and not feeding per magazine).  If someone gave me some American Eagle 5.7 ammo for free, I'd pull the bullets, resize it and reload it.  It's poop.

If you decide to reload it, be paranoid.  Check, double check, triple check.. and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The shell holder for my Dillon 550 came from Elite Ammo, as I recall.

I use the Dillon powder measure with the small charge bar.  I measured a bunch of charges before I started loading cartridges... they were adequately consistent.  I don't load for anything close to max... I just load ammo that's cheap to shoot.  Some of my cases have been reloaded three or four times.  I can see the laquer flaking off in places, but my reloads are still better than American Eagle  I run my loads across a chronograph to make sure they are where I want them (I don't remember what velocity off the top of my head).  None of my reloaded/fired casings have shown any signs of being loaded too hot (or any other problems, for that matter).

90% of the 'blown up PS90' problems that I've seen are when folks load zippy ammo for their 5.7 pistol, and then put it in a Ps90.. the pistol can handle hotter ammo than the rifle.

I don't bother with simple green when I wash my cases, either... just hot water and a touch of dish soap.  Hot rinse, and air dry.  I'm not picking my empties up out of mud (usually I'm dumping them out of my nutsack).  There is nothing on them other than dust, and I don't want sand and dust getting into my dies.

Fiochhi may load both the American Eagle and the factory FN ammo, but they are not the same.  American Eagle sucks balls.  They don't seem to know how to get a bullet to stay in a casing upon feeding (I would have multiple experiences of a bullet getting pushed into the case and not feeding per magazine).  If someone gave me some American Eagle 5.7 ammo for free, I'd pull the bullets, resize it and reload it.  It's poop.

If you decide to reload it, be paranoid.  Check, double check, triple check.. and you'll be fine.
View Quote

Would you trust the fn boxes ammo loaded by fiocchi?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#40]
I've never had a problem with it, the bullets never get stuffed in the case on feeding, and it goes bang every time... so yeah.  I keep buying it, too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've never had a problem with it, the bullets never get stuffed in the case on feeding, and it goes bang every time... so yeah.  I keep buying it, too.
View Quote

Ive never had a issue with the american eagle myself. Went threw almost a 1000 round case so far.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Ive never had a issue with the american eagle myself. Went threw almost a 1000 round case so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of the original lots were problematic. it's because the 40gr TMJ bullet is short, and there's not a lot of bearing surface that the glue can hold onto when the bullet is loaded into the case like with the Ss197SR.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:04:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Some of the original lots were problematic. it's because the 40gr TMJ bullet is short, and there's not a lot of bearing surface that the glue can hold onto when the bullet is loaded into the case like with the Ss197SR.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What bullets are they using now? Gtg now?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Wanted to like the PS-90, but couldn't.
- Stock sights were terrible, you couldn't see the overlay in most environments
- Hated the safety design
- Insanely expensive to shoot
- My hands didn't fit well, my trigger finger would scratch up the back side of my thumb
- The trigger sucked, mushy feeling and long. Would be fine in full auto
- Difficult to reload ammunition
- Ergonomics I couldn't get used to
- Difficult to mount effective light options (in 2008 at least)
- Found it awkward to inser fresh magazines into the weapon, too much fine motor skill
- I didn't like the way it carried when slung, felt like it rolled around too much without a pistol grip to plant it against your body
- Too much teeth in the blow job

Just my personal issues. Sold it for a significant profit, so I can't hate it too much. The PS90 was always reliable.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Only for training use.

I had 4 rounds out of a box of 50 that were so lightly loaded that I had to check the bore each time to make sure I didn't have a round lodged in the bore.

Over on the FN Forum a member posted photos of SS197 that the shoulder of the round was pushed back and the case had bulged.

Jay of Elite Ammunition posted a video of him breaking down SS197 and weighing the powder charges, the was OVER  a 10% variance. That's CRAP!  

<a href="http://s135.photobucket.com/user/PursuitSS/media/Bolt%20Carriers/009AC2F5-9574-4FC5-B312-FF2A475A815F.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/Bolt%20Carriers/009AC2F5-9574-4FC5-B312-FF2A475A815F.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only for training use.

I had 4 rounds out of a box of 50 that were so lightly loaded that I had to check the bore each time to make sure I didn't have a round lodged in the bore.

Over on the FN Forum a member posted photos of SS197 that the shoulder of the round was pushed back and the case had bulged.

Jay of Elite Ammunition posted a video of him breaking down SS197 and weighing the powder charges, the was OVER  a 10% variance. That's CRAP!  

<a href="http://s135.photobucket.com/user/PursuitSS/media/Bolt%20Carriers/009AC2F5-9574-4FC5-B312-FF2A475A815F.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/PursuitSS/Bolt%20Carriers/009AC2F5-9574-4FC5-B312-FF2A475A815F.jpg</a>

Hmm. Guess I need to check that SS197SR FN ammo I have been picking up on sale at PSA. The boxes already come beat up and torn.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Only for training use.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only for training use.

Not sure I would trust anything that came from them
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only for training use.

So far I've fired 4 to 5 of the boxes PSA shipped to me with no issues at all. I'm shooting the boxes with the most damage up first but for the most part the boxes I received only maybe 10 out of 80 were damaged.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#50]
I always see SS197 getting shit on, but I have had nothing but good results from it accuracy and reliability wise.  Accuracy testing off of a bench w/ a red dot yielded ~1-1.5" groups at 50 yards consistently with my standard GI carbine.  I was even hesitant to SBR it for fear of ruining its accuracy potential so I will probably buy a short barrel for it to see how that works out before cutting up a great shooter when the stamp comes in (any day now).  Once every 20 or so rounds the recoil is noticeably lighter yet the group size inexplicably does not increase substantially.  I've used a little bit of SS198 as well but my gun does not shoot it nearly as well.  By the sounds of it SS197 has done poorly for others, but my experience has been mostly great.  Just examine your ammo before loading it into a mag, as one should with anything.  Once again, my PS90 is absolutely my favorite shooter currently out of lots of good options.  I just cannot wait to suppress it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top