Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2016 7:29:39 PM EDT
Looking for a black scar 17, anybody know where to get one that isn't over priced?

Looking to spend $2800ish maybe a little more, but less is always better.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:06:28 AM EDT
[#1]
One of my lgs has one.  A little more than what you looking to spend but it's in stock.

http://www.handleysequipmentrentals.com/rifles---shotguns.html

Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking for a black scar 17, anybody know where to get one that isn't over priced?

Looking to spend $2800ish maybe a little more, but less is always better.

Thanks.
View Quote

Lol, get in line at your cheapest local dealer
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
One in EE now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One in EE now.
View Quote

he's trying to take advantage of the market for sure
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
As I just wrote in the other thread, there a TON inbound and will be indefinitely according to FNH USA. If you have patience you can save $$.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As I just wrote in the other thread, there a TON inbound and will be indefinitely according to FNH USA. If you have patience you can save $$.
View Quote

Same for 16s?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Same for 16s?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same for 16s?

I didn't ask but I imagine
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#8]
http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-guns-fn-items-sale/85649-wts-scar-17-black.html
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Not that it really helps you or anything, but I was just at one of my local gun shops and they had a black SCAR 17 (next to an FDE one) on the wall, both for $2,800.
I havent seen any SCAR 17s there for quite a while, and I was checking pretty frequently when I was looking for one.  So I would think it was a good sign that shipments are showing up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#10]
LGS has 2.

$2750
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:52:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
LGS has 2.

$2750
View Quote

Care to share the name? I'm looking as well
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 7:30:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LGS has 2.

$2750

Won't ship to CA
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I need it shipped to AZ first anyway
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please back that up with proof.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear a lot of talk at an LGS and here, that SCARs are available and they will be flooding the market soon, inbound.  There are a few circumstances on the horizon that could make that shipment even harder to get ahold of when it does arrive (higher prices and political)  than even the current phantom samples spoken about here and at my LGS.  If you find one, but decide to wait, there's no guarantee another one will come at a lower cost in your local area (that requires no additional transfers and shipping, etc.).  There's also the thing about buying a high cost item sight-unseen and trusting the seller and the shipper to deliver it in pristine and top operational condition.  If a buyer has a local SCAR staring back at them, and can't afford the price, then that makes waiting a no brainer.  I hope anyone that really wants a SCAR can get one soon.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Every shop I've called has said "there's none available anywhere in the US"... So besides gunbroker, if you know of any available from a dealer please help me enjoy my freedom.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Give these guys a call. Caught it from a new member off of the FN Forum. Says it's "on hand" at one location but I would call. It's FDE 17s. They had it in black this morning but not showing up now so probably gone. Give it a shot and good luck.

https://www.reedssports.com/fnh/-46831
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Every shop I've called has said "there's none available anywhere in the US"... So besides gunbroker, if you know of any available from a dealer please help me enjoy my freedom.
View Quote

http://www.handleysequipmentrentals.com/rifles---shotguns.html
Scroll down a little, it's still available.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Give these guys a call. Caught it from a new member off of the FN Forum. Says it's "on hand" at one location but I would call. It's FDE 17s. They had it in black this morning but not showing up now so probably gone. Give it a shot and good luck.

https://www.reedssports.com/fnh/-46831
View Quote

Got excited as I am actually looking for a FDE, called and the one they have on hand is on layaway for a customer....bummer.

I much appreciate the heads up though!
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Found a FDE 17S in town from private seller.  Link to ad here
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Lol it's one of the LE ones, bet he paid less than half that
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

You live in CA, you have no freedom
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LE pricing is just a hair under $2500 but who cares what he paid right? Does a discounted purchase price inherently devalue the item? No, an item is worth what the market determines it to be worth.

I'm not saying you do care but some people make a big stink of this and I can't understand that logic.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
LE pricing is just a hair under $2500 but who cares what he paid right? Does a discounted purchase price inherently devalue the item? No, an item is worth what the market determines it to be worth.

I'm not saying you do care but some people make a big stink of this and I can't understand that logic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LE pricing must have gone up. I got something like $350 back when I bought an SLP

And I do t care of he paid $1 for it, i love the free market. I have less than $1300 in my SCAR and if panic hits again I'm selling that bitch.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#25]
please do tell how you got it for 1300.00?
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

LE pricing must have gone up. I got something like $350 back when I bought an SLP

And I do t care of he paid $1 for it, i love the free market. I have less than $1300 in my SCAR and if panic hits again I'm selling that bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LE pricing did go up
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

please do tell how you got it for 1300.00?
View Quote

Exchanged $1300 for a SCAR 16, it was quite simple

My scar wasn't LE pricing. Dude I know bought it then got hard up for money
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#28]
sorry thought it was a scar 17 you paid 1300.00 for.
Link Posted: 7/9/2016 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
I wish
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought the same thing. I almost fell out of my chair.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#31]
get the FDE one, the are more accurate, I know I have both

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I too am looking for a Scar 17 really in any color at this point. I'm almost thinking of offering a finders reward as I've had no luck. Hopefully they will become available again at a normal price in the near future.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#35]
I bought mine 2 years ago.  Black was fairly common than but I wanted FDE.  I had to wait a month for it and I paid $2,200 if I remember correctly.  Don't get stuck on a color, get whatever pops up.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Cabelas LaVista NE had one last Saturday when I was there
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#37]

I like the guns and dinner theme.  It sure is different from the normal look at my gun, timepiece and keys theme.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top