Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2016 9:05:24 PM EDT
Looking for some info from AFCOM:

I found a picture of a Scar 17 with the Kinetic Developement Group rail.

The muzzle device is close enough to have that flush look when the suppressor is mounted.

Does anyone know what barrel length and rail length is shown in this picture?

" />
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
13 inch barrel with the 4.9 inch KDG rail...

(Not my rifle/picture btw... pulled it off Google)
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Any pix of one with the 6.5 rail?

And how bad does a 13" effect performance?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 3:53:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any pix of one with the 6.5 rail?

And how bad does a 13" effect performance?
View Quote

The 6.5" rail with a 13" barrel?  Ive never seen pictures of anyone with it set up like that, probably because it would most likely extend over the muzzle device.  
As far as how it affects performance, I dont have specific numbers... Im sure someone else would.  Its my *understanding* its pretty severe.  I cant say for certain though.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I meant a 6.5 rail with a 14.5" barrel or something, what length barrel is flush with the longer rail? Sorry for the confusion.

Curious to see how much the ballistics change from a 16" barrel to a 13", and I bet you're right, I think I would be surprised at how much it actually changes.

I would hate to go through the SBR wait and money to neuter the round, ya know.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Per navy documents, it loses 175 fps using the 130gr mk319 Mod 0
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I meant a 6.5 rail with a 14.5" barrel or something, what length barrel is flush with the longer rail? Sorry for the confusion.

Curious to see how much the ballistics change from a 16" barrel to a 13", and I bet you're right, I think I would be surprised at how much it actually changes.

I would hate to go through the SBR wait and money to neuter the round, ya know.
View Quote

Ahh... gotcha.  Yeah, I dont know about that.  It seems like everyone goes with either 16" or 13" on the SCAR.  It would make sense that if a 13" barrel sits that flush with a 4.9" rail, you would get a similar look if you added 1.5" to both, but I cant say for sure because Ive never seen it, so I dont want to go assuming anything.

Personally, I couldnt imagine going below 16" on a .308 rifle.  I feel like if Im going to be shooting that caliber, I want it to perform better at long ranges.  Id probably SBR a 5.56 though.  I know youre still affecting performance and all that, but to me it makes more sense than having a short barrel on a .308.  I dont know, thats just me.  

At the end of the day, a .308 out of a 13" barrel is obviously still going to get the job done at a reasonable distance, but youre going to affect its long distance performance.  So its just a matter of how you want it to perform at longer distances.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#7]
To me, the following picture sums up the Mk17 CQC perfectly:

You get 20 rounds of 7.62 (full/semi auto) in a package roughly the size of the M4A1.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#8]
My barrel is being cut now to be flush with the longer rail.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:49:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Full length barrel with rail
KDG Rail
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top