Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2016 10:28:27 PM EDT
I'm a FN fan, so I'm thinking about getting some kind of collection going.

I don't want the AR, I have enough.

But what order would you purchase these FN's and let me know if I'm missing something.

Scar 17

FiveSeven

PS90

SPR A1

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Too hard without more info. What are you looking for? What's the top priority?

I'd say

Scar

Ps90

Then either the fiveseven or spr based on if you want a pistol or another rifle.

Now if you want to SBR the PS90 which you should and you have a trust you might want to submit the paperwork before 41F. So that might bump the PS90 above the scar.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too hard without more info. What are you looking for? What's the top priority?

I'd say

Scar

Ps90

Then either the fiveseven or spr based on if you want a pistol or another rifle.

Now if you want to SBR the PS90 which you should and you have a trust you might want to submit the paperwork before 41F. So that might bump the PS90 above the scar.

View Quote

+1. Totally agree.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do have a trust, and I'm going through some serious cash right now with cans and sbr's, I'm not sure if I too worried about 41F

But when you make that comment, and it's the first reply to my post, it just makes me paranoid all over again!
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I do have a trust, and I'm going through some serious cash right now with cans and sbr's, I'm not sure if I too worried about 41F

But when you make that comment, and it's the first reply to my post, it just makes me paranoid all over again!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I mean it's nothing to be paranoid about. But are you the only one on your trust? I am on mine. So my trust essentially becomes useless. I might as well file as an individual from then on. Which is what they wanted
Where as if you get it in before mid July some time you will still have the benefits of filing with the trust and eforms.

So if you don't mind the additional steps after 41F go with the scar first still.

The biggest concern will still be the pre election panic.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I am worried about pre election panic, that's when I think I'm gunna have trouble getting the scar 17, so I feel like I should jump on that now.

I got enough for the ps90, but I feel like I'm half way there for the scar.

Right now, I'm working a bunch of OT on special project, so I got $500+ on each paycheck I can blow on toys (every two weeks)

This week's check will put me at $1500ish
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am worried about pre election panic, that's when I think I'm gunna have trouble getting the scar 17, so I feel like I should jump on that now.

Right now, I'm working a bunch of OT on special project, so I got $500+ on each paycheck I can blow on toys (every two weeks)

View Quote

Ido have multiples on trust and 8 cans in jail and form 1'd another lower and scorpion

Is the PS90 hard to SBR? From what I briefly looked up, you can't just get the barrel cut, right?

How much would it take to send off to get SBR'd?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea. I had trouble getting my FDE scar 17 like 6 months ago. A forum member tipped me off to one local to him at a really good price. I'm not sure about the availability now. But they have been coming up in the EE now too. I picked up my PS90 from the EE recently. If you're on a tight budget it's the place to look.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ido have multiples on trust and 8 cans in jail and form 1'd another lower and scorpion

Is the PS90 hard to SBR? From what I briefly looked up, you can't just get the barrel cut, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are very easy to SBR.

You can have the barrel cut down, which is what I plan on doing. TROP currently charges $192 for this. You only send the barrel, not the entire gun. It's gone up slightly over the past few months but he will only do it once you have your approved form, for obvious reasons. Or you can buy an aftermarket barrel for around $300.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm really digging the scar, if I had to pick between the two if I could only get one it would be the 17

If I get the PS90, I can always SBR it as individual later

I don't know, I don't want to worry about any NFA stuff after 41f is in effect, so that puts the PS90 back in front..............shit
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget the FS2000.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#11]
In ARFCOM form..........get both. Top SCAR is my wife's.

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#12]
If I had the money and was collecting FN firearms, the ones that I would get are:

FN SCAR 17 (already have one)
M249S
FN FAL (not a clone; the original FNH Belgium made FAL)
FN Browning High Power (again, no clones; just original Belgium  FNH made)
FNC
FS2000 (I had one and would only get another one if I was collecting FN firearms and had extra money laying around)
No interest in their other pistols (never did like polymer pistols)
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

But what order would you purchase these FN's and let me know if I'm missing something.

Scar 17

FiveSeven

PS90

SPR A1

View Quote

SCAR 17
SPR A1

skip the 5.7x28
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm currently rushing to beat 41F on several items.  So, my take is PS90 SBR > SCAR

All other things equal, and a perfect world with no 2A deniers, my preference would be as follows:

1) SCAR 17
2) FiveSeveN (*own and love.  The only pistol I've made 200+yd shots with)
3) SPR A1
4) PS90

P.S.: I own the SCAR 16 and would suggest skipping it in favor of the SCAR 17, because it can be chambered for 5.56.  Look up Hi-Desert Dog
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#15]
FN item pricing seems to be somewhat cyclical based on when shipments come in domestically. Five-sevens and SCARs are a good example, as their prices fluctuate a good couple hundred dollars depending on when you buy relative to shipments. I've learned to buy my FNs when they show up and that pent up demand is satisfied, and/or whenever I find a good deal especially on the used side. Also, the PS90/Five-Seven combo is pretty neat, and I feel like if you get one you'll quickly get the other. Neither are all that practical but both are very fun.

For reference, I have owned most FN products including (in order of oldest-newest purchase as that was the OP question):
FNP .45 (sold off)
SPR A1 (sold off)
FS2000 (sold off (ugh))
PS90 (sold off)
FNX .45 Tactical
PS90 SBR
SCAR 17
Five-Seven
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Scar 17

FiveSeven

PS90

SPR A1

View Quote

Wheres the Scar 16 and FS2000?

I own a few FN rifles (no M249S...yet), my opinion:

SCAR16
FNC
SCAR17
PS90
FS2000

Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#17]
If it were me, I would definitely get the SCAR 17 first without question.  Especially with the election coming up.  They arent exactly easy to come by right now as it is (from what Ive been able to tell anyway) and its probably just going to get harder as people get more and more panicky.  I just bought one last month and Im beside myself with joy that I actually own one... I doubted I ever would.  After that, I would definitely go with the SPR A1.

Now, Im not saying the PS90 and FiveSeven arent *real* guns or anything, and that they dont have their uses or benefits, I just *personally* look at them both as more of a "novelty".  Especially compared to the SCAR 17 and SPR A1.  Theyre the kind of guns I would get for shits and giggles more than for any practical usage.  That said, I would definitely go with the FiveSeven before the PS90.  Ive actually been interested in owning a FiveSeven for a while now, its just super low on my list of priorities.  Especially for what they go for and the fact that they use a more uncommon caliber.

So... my vote would be:

SCAR 17
SPR A1
FiveSeven
PS90
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 2:16:37 AM EDT
[#18]
I say SCAR 17 first. Their availability is spotty, and more often then not they're hard to come by. In my opinion, your feeling and thoughts are correct on the impending panic. SCAR supply dries up quick when people get sketchy and stay that way for awhile. I'd also stock up on mags and ammo while they're cheap. Look at it as though you could only have one EVER. Which would you choose? I sold my first SCAR 17 I bought to fund some other projects, and pretty much immediately regretted it. I bought another one, and it would be the last gun I would ever let go!
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 5:15:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Top of your list should be SCAR 17:

Then a SCAR 16, PS90, and FiveseveN IMHO.

Thus far I only have the first part, but what an awesome first part.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm really digging the scar, if I had to pick between the two if I could only get one it would be the 17

If I get the PS90, I can always SBR it as individual later

I don't know, I don't want to worry about any NFA stuff after 41f is in effect, so that puts the PS90 back in front..............shit
View Quote

41-whatever isn't going to change much of anything. Don't get too spun up over it. Fingerprints are cheap. Get the SCAR-17 first.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Scar 17 first. Apex fighting/combat rifle in modern times. SBR it to 13" and don't look back.

" />
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Isn't it $1300 for the 13" kit?
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but you could always have a gunsmith cut and thread the existing barrel for a lot less.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah, but you could always have a gunsmith cut and thread the existing barrel for a lot less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I paid $230 I think to have Jarod at PMM cut/crown/attach AAC flash hider. Would not spend $1,000+ on a factory barrel for any reason.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd focus on getting the SCAR 17 first. Seems to be a good starting point. I don't think 41f is that big of a deal.

I'd go:

SCAR 17
SCAR 16
FNC
PS-90
FiveSeven
SPR A1
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:40:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Scar 17
PS 90
SPR A1
FiveSeven
Scar 17 (2nd)
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:17:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'd focus on getting the SCAR 17 first. Seems to be a good starting point. I don't think 41f is that big of a deal.

I'd go:

SCAR 17
SCAR 16
FNC
PS-90
FiveSeven
SPR A1
View Quote

41f is being looked at wrong by most.  i forsee muuuuuuuch longer waits due to way more people having access with removal of cleo permision.  it reduces the cost of nfa as individuals can skip trusts and the hassle and cost of obtaining one.   its already pretty damn slow due to suppressors becoming mainstream.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

41f is being looked at wrong by most.  i forsee muuuuuuuch longer waits due to way more people having access with removal of cleo permision.  it reduces the cost of nfa as individuals can skip trusts and the hassle and cost of obtaining one.   its already pretty damn slow due to suppressors becoming mainstream.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd go:

SCAR 17
SCAR 16
FNC
PS-90
FiveSeven
SPR A1

I think the same thing about the likely effect.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Scar 17
Scar 16

Forget the rest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top