BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hypothesize that OPs real username is frequently used by him on this and other forums. OP bought these parts and posted about them and has previously posted eyebrow raising statements about their potential.

This thread was posted under a different username so that the Arfcom sleuths can't google his real username and post quotes that show questionable statements.

They picked OP for a reason, and it wasn't because he swapped plastic parts for aluminum. The only thing missing is his real username which would likely reveal a lot.
View Quote

Yes.  I saw how people started picking apart TaylorWSO in his thread about an ATF visit a few weeks ago.  I haven't bought five dozen lowers like has but it was interesting know that the ATF is looking at people for it which is part of the reason I wanted to share my story.  As for eyebrow raising posts I have try to keep my posts squarely on the legal side but there are always things which can be taken out of context.  I also am fairly anonymous in my posting in that I don't post a lot of info about myself that could be used to track me down purely from posts though obviously info from team membership would have it.  I really doubt anything I would have posted would make me a target and if it was then nobody  is safe.  That would be some inexplicable stuff.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In any case, here's what I'm betting happened.  The ATF arrested a guy somewhere who had illegally converted a PS90 to auto.  Upon inspecting the gun and interrogating him, they found out he purchased some parts from the seller OP bought his from.  ATF raided the seller and found his customer list.

OP, one last piece of advice.  Contact Nolo and see if he can recommend an attorney in your area that deals with these issues.  Most initial consultations are free.  Sit down with the recommended attorney and ask him to draft a letter to the ATF asking for return of the gun.  The letter should only cost you $150-250 .
View Quote

That makes a lot of sense and seems a lot less sinister than the scenarios I have in my head.  I appreciate your post as its one of the few that has given some useful suggestions.  Once this thread dies down I will send him a message and do just that.  Based on my experience so far I was pretty certain it would cost a lot more than that but I guess it doesn't hurt to find out just in case it could be that inexpensive.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That makes a lot of sense and seems a lot less sinister than the scenarios I have in my head.  I appreciate your post as its one of the few that has given some useful suggestions.  Once this thread dies down I will send him a message and do just that.  Based on my experience so far I was pretty certain it would cost a lot more than that but I guess it doesn't hurt to find out just in case it could be that inexpensive.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In any case, here's what I'm betting happened.  The ATF arrested a guy somewhere who had illegally converted a PS90 to auto.  Upon inspecting the gun and interrogating him, they found out he purchased some parts from the seller OP bought his from.  ATF raided the seller and found his customer list.

OP, one last piece of advice.  Contact Nolo and see if he can recommend an attorney in your area that deals with these issues.  Most initial consultations are free.  Sit down with the recommended attorney and ask him to draft a letter to the ATF asking for return of the gun.  The letter should only cost you $150-250 .

IMHO, it seems they decided to go fishing and you voluntarily surrendered your gun.  They won.  Now they can claim its questionable or part of another investigation.  Limbo.  Lawyer might help, might not.

Lesson for me is to never surrender property voluntarily.

Fuck the ATF
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
You know what really doesn't make sense?  The fact that a bunch of you guys claim the OP's story doesn't make sense, when the agency in question is the ATF.  The very same agency that ruled a shoe string is a machine gun, and cooked up Op Fast and Furious, but to take it a step further, how much shit does the gov't do that does make sense?
I don't know if the OP's story is 100% truth, or 0% truth.  I do know that the ATF has done some seriously dumb stuff that made no sense whatsoever.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You know what really doesn't make sense?  The fact that a bunch of you guys claim the OP's story doesn't make sense, when the agency in question is the ATF.  The very same agency that ruled a shoe string is a machine gun, and cooked up Op Fast and Furious, but to take it a step further, how much shit does the gov't do that does make sense?
I don't know if the OP's story is 100% truth, or 0% truth.  I do know that the ATF has done some seriously dumb stuff that made no sense whatsoever.
View Quote

Ok Mr Helper...explain the point of his story?  I still think he is on a fishing expedition for the ATF.  Also, why hasn't his duplicate account been zapped ?  He has violated the CoC.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Thread authored from a duplicate account.  AeroE
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top