User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:00:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You're foolish to think the Republicans will hold Congress for the length of Hillary's term.  Democrats thought they could hold Congress when Obama was re-elected...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I welcome the panic. It will make prices cheaper again down the road. As bad as things seem on TV about the Dems wanting an assault weapons ban they just aren't going to get it. I think Hillary will win, people will panic, and like gunbroker has shown people will ask rediculous prices for them. Prices might stay inflated for a while, but Hillary will never get it with a Republican controlled Congress. Especially as the next Congressional elections two years after approaches, a lot of Dem Congressman is red states are going to be avoiding that issue entirely. As anti gun as the Dems seam (mainly to appease their base) what they don't want is to risk losing more seats to Republicans. As much as people talk about an assault weapons ban, 90% of the actual effort will be on background checks and the no fly list (no fly no buy) efforts.

You're foolish to think the Republicans will hold Congress for the length of Hillary's term.  Democrats thought they could hold Congress when Obama was re-elected...

Let's say the Republicans do lose control. Yes she will promote some type of control to appease her base. Universal background checks maybe, "no fly no buy" again probably. They may even try and push through an assault weapons ban like they have 20 times before. But it won't go anywhere and will have little actual backing. Why? Because guns, like abortion. Are a one issue hot political vote creator. It would rally the republican base, and they would lose the control they just gained in the next cycle. Do you think Hilary, who has I'm sure dozens and dozens of progressive agenda items she dreams of pushing through in what I would imagine she thinks will be eight years in office; does she wants to risk losing the ability to do those over guns? Do you think Democrat representatives in right and centrist leaning states want to lose their seats to pushing through an unpopular and polarizing vote on a ban?

Many people blame Bill Clintons original assault weapons ban on the Dems losing control two years later. Hillary is very aware of that.

I'm not saying there won't ever be a new ban. But I am saying I see no way they actually push one through in the next four years. Every first term president wants to get reelected. Now if she wins in November, and she wins in 2020. and the Dems have control of both houses in 2020. Then yes, prepare for a major assault on your rights. Until then. Prepare for about 10 months of absolute panic, crazy prices on everything. Ammo out of stock everywhere, etc. And then just like after Sandy Hook, things will drop back down to normal, SCAR 17's will be back to $2600, and we will have another year of salad days until the next midterm election cycle gets close and it will start all over again.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 2:14:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Why are so many from CA picking these up?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I snagged one on GB last night for $3,500.  I am stoked.  It is FDE, has KDG stock and forearm, and a Geissele trigger.  I think I did well.

Why are so many from CA picking these up?

Because we have to own them before the end of the year or we will never be able to own one.  New laws and all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I snagged one on GB last night for $3,500.  I am stoked.  It is FDE, has KDG stock and forearm, and a Geissele trigger.  I think I did well.
View Quote

Did it come with a PMAG lower too?  If so then you got a helluva deal.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top