Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2016 10:55:08 PM EDT
I just got my black SCAR 17s, I haven't shot it yet.

On the factory 20 Rd. mags, will the SCAR 17's run with 20 in the mag it? Or do you download it to 18 like the AR-15's?

TIA
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#1]
mine runs fine with 20 stacked in the mags...I also leave my mags loaded with 20 rds
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Run em full. The scarH mag just works
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Never had an issue running them at full capacity or leaving them loaded constantly and shooting them 6 months later.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:35:52 AM EDT
[#4]
They are essentially FAL mags, so I download to 18. Although I have never had a problem when loading them to 20 rds even when storing them for a long period of time.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
SCARs will run anything, so you are good to go at the max. You will love the rifle...if it's not your favorite... just wait
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On the factory 20 Rd. mags, will the SCAR 17's run with 20 in the mag it? Or do you download it to 18 like the AR-15's?

TIA
View Quote

What gun or mag have you had to download?  I've never had to do that on any gun...AR, AK, SCAR...
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What gun or mag have you had to download?  I've never had to do that on any gun...AR, AK, SCAR...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA

This guys got it

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA

Many people, including myself, have been taught with aluminum GI mags in the AR's to load 18 in the 20's and 28 in the 30's because the mag seats easier on a closed bolt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top