Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 9:29:00 PM EDT
Just got a new PS 90, I'm leaning toward a Trijicon MRO, but what are you guys running/recommending?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Primary Arms MD-ADS and it is perfect IMHO.  The Trijicon sights are extremely nice but I'm happy as a lark w/ the PA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:56:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Personally I'd go with an RMR and low profile mount
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked briefly into the RMR/Micro red dots, but the smallest dot I could find was 3.25MOA.  Only thing I won't budge on is it must be no larger than 2 MOA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked briefly into the RMR/Micro red dots, but the smallest dot I could find was 3.25MOA.  Only thing I won't budge on is it must be no larger than 2 MOA.
View Quote

The RM09 is 1moa

Even though you said no to the RM06 (3.25), personally that's the one I'd go with.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

You choice is yours alone, but I am curious. Why no bigger than a 2 MOA dot. I wouldn't think a PS90 would be accurate to under 2 MOA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot my SBR'd PS90 pretty darn well for what it is, using the standard (sucky) OEM white ring sight. I can shoot it about as well as my AR offhand slow-fire with a Geissele trigger. I don't know if that says more about the PS90s abilities or less about my marksmanship with AR's. I shoot the PS90 pretty darn well, it is more accurate than a lot will give it credit for, and that it shoots straighter than a tiny PDW should given its limitations.

My point with that is to say this: it's still not a bench gun, and I feel in no way hindered by the OEM sight aside from speed. I think at the end of the day any of the RMRs save for the 13MOA dot version would work great. If you're trying to shoot tinier groups than 6.5MOA, you're shooting the PS90 for groups off a bench, which is a waste of a PS90 in terms of use. A 6.5 MOA dot will get you easy hits well outside the effective range of the 5.7, and shoot to roughly the constraints of the rifle anyway.

Other alternatives are the Aimpoint Micro (2 MOA), and Trijicon MRO (2MOA) /mini ACOG lines (triangle, 2MOA circle dot, etc). PS90 mounts specific to both exist that allow you to mount lower as HOB is an issue with rail mounted optics on the PS90. I believe Tros make the ACOG mounts and Design Machines makes RMR/Aimpoint mounts. Both makers seem to yield high quality mounts. This route is how I would go if replacing my OEM unit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which low profile mount? Does one of the Tros mounts work for a RMR?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a few options for RMR specific mounts like
https://fn57sale.com/product/ps90-rmr-mount-low-profile/ and combined with the TROS rai, even better.

Or http://dmachineri.com/node/7

Or if you want to keep the rail here is a very low profile option http://amsmachine.net/product-list/mrd-mounts/

Again, just me personally, I'd go with the design machine mount to get it as low as possible and it's a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Great info in this thread, thanks! Currently waiting for my form 1 stamp for my PS90.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#12]
2 MOA dot mainly because I'm not using this thing on man size targets, usually opossums, armadillos, coons, etc.  At 100 or 150 yds the dots tend (for me anyway) to be too big and obscure too much of my target.  C7aea15 thanks for the heads up on the RM09 I missed that one.  I'm still leaning toward the MRO mainly because its American made, and the price is certainly right.  Another thanks for all the mounting options that have been posted too.

What about lights?  You guys running tail caps with pressure switches?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
2 MOA dot mainly because I'm not using this thing on man size targets, usually opossums, armadillos, coons, etc.  At 100 or 150 yds the dots tend (for me anyway) to be too big and obscure too much of my target.  C7aea15 thanks for the heads up on the RM09 I missed that one.  I'm still leaning toward the MRO mainly because its American made, and the price is certainly right.  Another thanks for all the mounting options that have been posted too.

View Quote

Don't let the price of the RMR scare you off too much. My last RM06 I got from Opticsplanet was $450 something with free shipping. Call them up and see what they'll do, they'll at least price match.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Don't let the price of the RMR scare you off too much. My last RM06 I got from Opticsplanet was $450 something with free shipping. Call them up and see what they'll do, they'll at least price match.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see $602 at Opticsplanet, who did you price match against? Thats pretty much the lowest price I can find on an RM06.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I see $602 at Opticsplanet, who did you price match against? Thats pretty much the lowest price I can find on an RM06.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly I can't remember, sorry, I'll look though.

I've never heard of them before, but opticsplanet did it.

I'm pretty sure I used slickguns at the time, but it looks like it's out of stock at most places. Is there an RMR shortage?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:37:03 PM EDT
[#16]
You can try making a 20% off offer at scopelist that will put it in the $480 range, which is still a good price.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Since I got the tritium replaced on my OEG I decided to put it on the PS90.  I kind of like it on there and since you don't really have to look through it the height is not an issue.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#18]

MRO all the way.  If you drop the gun in mud with the rmr it's useless.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I am running a green triangel RMR on a ADM high qd mount
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I have an aimpoint micro on mine, still can't decide if I want to get a low pro mount.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Comp2 with TROS mount

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Love mine with the mini ACOG on it. Eye relief is great and it comes up quick for close range shooting.

Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:11:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Love mine with the mini ACOG on it. Eye relief is great and it comes up quick for close range shooting.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/jaflowers/PS90_zpsnoyohcj1.jpg

View Quote

Agreed, I have the same setup as you. Mini acog in a tros mount. It is awesome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top