Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2016 11:32:17 PM EDT
Has FN not run a batch of them in a long time?  For a while the used prices were at $2k.  Now you can barely find one for sale.

Was thinking of getting a refund on the tax stamp for my 556xi since Sig never releases the promised parts.  And SBRing a SCAR 16 instead, but I really didn't want to pay for a new one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah. LGS said they are waiting for another shipment.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The civilian Scars are imported from Belgium. I've seen this cycle several times with the Five Seven and the Scar. Just wait for another big shipment and they will be out there

That and it being election year they have dried up
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:12:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Me and a buddy just bought FDE ones last week in Sacramento for under $2400 before tax and fees.  That dealer got 3.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Me and a buddy just bought FDE ones last week in Sacramento for under $2400 before tax and fees.  That dealer got 3.

View Quote

That's nearly what a 17s was going for just 6 months ago

Just about 5-6 months ago Scar 17s were $2500 (I had seen several go for near $2400 on GB). The 16s was selling for $2100 and several GB listings were ending around the 2k mark
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 4:15:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I guess when they are in abundance everywhere you can shop around.  But when you haven't seen them on the shelves for several months, as evidenced by threads like these all over the internet you can either keep looking and waiting or just buy it when you see it if you feel the price is fair.

I've already spent another 2K for optics, so paying $250 more for the rifle than I could have 6 months ago isn't a big deal to me.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah I guess when they are in abundance everywhere you can shop around.  But when you haven't seen them on the shelves for several months, as evidenced by threads like these all over the internet you can either keep looking and waiting or just buy it when you see it if you feel the price is fair.

I've already spent another 2K for optics, so paying $250 more for the rifle than I could have 6 months ago isn't a big deal to me.

View Quote

That's true ..... I don't blame you at all ..... I was just pointing out the price hike
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's true ..... I don't blame you at all ..... I was just pointing out the price hike
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do not forget the new trigger.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know what their "typical cycle" to release is?
(e.g.)
Say things dried up in Jan but come March fresh supply has hit distributors and then on to FFLs.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:Do not forget the new trigger.

View Quote

The rifle I bought already had the Super Scar in it, but I paid $280 more than my buddy.   I also have a the KDG ACR stock and 6.5" rail and a WarComp waiting.

The SCAR was a actually an impulse buy.  My friend had been looking for months and when he told me he found one I called the shop to see if they had another one, and the rest is history.  Unfortunately, they are pushing for another "bullet-button" ban here and with an election year coming...  there is little reason to wait.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The rifle I bought already had the Super Scar in it, but I paid $280 more than my buddy.   I also have a the KDG ACR stock and 6.5" rail and a WarComp waiting.

The SCAR was a actually an impulse buy.  My friend had been looking for months and when he told me he found one I called the shop to see if they had another one, and the rest is history.  Unfortunately, they are pushing for another "bullet-button" ban here and with an election year coming...  there is little reason to wait.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:Do not forget the new trigger.

I shot my buddies Aganst my REPR. Same ammo , same scope , same ranges on the same day. Realized I spent way more than I should have. Traded off the REPR and never looked back. Then bought the 16 to fill the whole in the case with. Both have triggers and addon rails.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#11]
My LGS said that FN shuts down for a couple months starting in december. He told me that around february he should start to see them coming back.  Dont know how true this is. Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I need to find a $2k 16 and $2300 17....day late and dollar short.

With LE discount I can get about $2200 for a 16 and 2500 for a 17.  As much as I want a 17...I have no desire to get back into .308.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#13]
FYI Clyde's Armory has agency trade-ins in stock for $2099.
http://clydearmory.com/agency-trade-in-fn-scar-16s.html?SID=1d8nrf387t4a306v4h6b8c2205
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:21:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I contacted a couple different online stores and the answer I got was that they're guessing spring ETA.   This is not official.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Might be slim pickings this year with the elections right around the corner.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#16]
You scared me.  

Mine's OK.  It says nothing happened to it, but thanked me politely for looking in.  

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I just purchased a 16s in black today. Only one that LGS had but two others in my area had multiples in black and FDE. SCAR 17s however no one has.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Heard a rumor that maybe FN is focusing all it's efforts on French Military order for them?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Heard a rumor that maybe FN is focusing all it's efforts on French Military order for them?
View Quote

Has there been a final selection in the French rifle trials?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not that I've heard. From what I've seen rumored, they are in top five with HK with the 416, Beretta with the ARX, Sig with the MCX, and HD Produkt from Croatia with the VHS-2 bullpup.  Been curious to see the results of it as it'll be the first major western nation to re-arm with something modern.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought the French ordered 90,000 416's from HK earlier this year or late last year?
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
As much as I want a 17...I have no desire to get back into .308.
View Quote

I've had the exact same thoughts from the first day I picked up my present FDE 17, but I still have no desire to let it go.

My next rifle will be a 16, and a much more practical user, at least for me anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top