Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2016 2:37:55 AM EDT
.... Really bad. I got a black one because that's all I had to choose from. However, now that I'm on the verge of a chop to 13" I want to go full CQC and go tan.

Would you rattle can or ceracoat? Pics of sprayed Scars welcome
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:05:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Painted mine with aervo field drab.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Your single color paint job makes your carbine look like something you'd have slung over your back while walking in to a gay leather bar in San Francisco.

If you're going to go to the trouble to paint your carbine, do it right. I painted this one with Aervoe Paint. I've been pretty rough on it lately and its holding up well. This particular carbine I used a 5 color scheme.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your single color paint job makes your carbine look like something you'd have slung over your back while walking in to a gay leather bar in San Francisco.

If you're going to go to the trouble to paint your carbine, do it right. I painted this one with Aervoe Paint. I've been pretty rough on it lately and its holding up well. This particular carbine I used a 5 color scheme.

<a href="http://s88.photobucket.com/user/sfdude/media/IMAG2700_zpszhwnqv47.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/sfdude/IMAG2700_zpszhwnqv47.jpg</a>
View Quote

This..... I have done them for friends and recently did a Vietnam tiger stripe theme for an old Vietnam vet friend of mine.

One color is boing multi-cam is a lot more fun and way more functional.

If you do not like it you can just paint over it.  I have also done foliage schemes from cuttings of plants I grow.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s88.photobucket.com/user/sfdude/media/IMAG2700_zpszhwnqv47.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/sfdude/IMAG2700_zpszhwnqv47.jpg</a>
View Quote

So Sorry my paint job doesn't meet with your standards or level of overachieverness.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I did my first one with Norrell's Moly Resin:

It held up well. Just bake the plastic parts cooler, and longer.
Accuracy instantly improved 60%.
Sold it during one of the big scares, and came out ahead, so painting it need not mean you take a hit in resale value if you do it right.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]
...and just in case you want to deviate from the traditional FDE, here is the same rifle in Norrell's Foliage Green:

It was even more accurater.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I did my first one with Norrell's Moly Resin:
http://www.armoryz.com/main/Rifles/scar17s/0604.jpg
It held up well. Just bake the plastic parts cooler, and longer.
Accuracy instantly improved 60%.
Sold it during one of the big scares, and came out ahead, so painting it need not mean you take a hit in resale value if you do it right.
View Quote

That's nice. Pretty much what I had in mind. I prefer single color over camo schemes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...and just in case you want to deviate from the traditional FDE, here is the same rifle in Norrell's Foliage Green:
http://www.armoryz.com/main/Rifles/scar17s/8890.jpg
It was even more accurater.
View Quote

How do you apply yours? Ive been doing some refinishing with flat black, my first go was too thick and had some shiny spots, my second go was a little thin and i have a couple rust spots coming out sue to all the degreasing I did. Thinking about blasting it and starting over again
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know how shiny the Aervoe is? I'm liking coyote and field drab
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Certoopr and Zamo, your rifles look horrible!  You need 3 shades of FDE to make a Scar properly.  All the parts on yours match

Seriously though, they look really nice.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:23:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mine above is done in aervoe field drab.  Its not very shiny at all. Its fairly flat in color. My iPhone flash made the pic look a little shiny
Quoted:
Certoopr and Zamo, your rifles look horrible!  You need 3 shades of FDE to make a Scar properly.  All the parts on yours match

Seriously though, they look really nice.

Thanks
I went with a single color because mine was originally black but the mrex I scored was fde and I really didn't care for the mix. I would have prefered to have a factory fde rifle but for the deal I got I ain't complaining. This was also my first attempt at painting a rifle so I figured I'd start with one color
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:43:26 AM EDT
[#12]
This is the sexiest one I have seen

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:46:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top