Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 9:40:05 PM EDT
Anyone have pics? or range report?
I really like to get one, but I'm still on the fence.
Aside from not having the burst, is it as close to the one I had in basic training?
Cold hammer forged chrome lined barrel?
Is it purple?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone have pics? or range report?
I really like to get one, but I'm still on the fence.
Aside from not having the burst, is it as close to the one I had in basic training?
Cold hammer forged chrome lined barrel?
Is it purple?
View Quote

Lots of pics from Shot Show all over the net.
Other than it having civi trigger they are the same.
No not CHF barrel but CL lined bore yes
Purple?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Purple?
View Quote

A lot of attempts at black anodizing in the mid-late 1990s ended up having a distinctly purple cast.  Along with FNMI, Bushmaster, and KAC were notorious for it.  

FWIW, by all indications, it's totally in compliance with MIL-STDs and MIL-SPECs, so there's nothing "wrong" with it, it was just distinctive.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/USMC_M16A4_Rifle.JPG

A lot of attempts at black anodizing in the mid-late 1990s ended up having a distinctly purple cast.  Along with FNMI, Bushmaster, and KAC were notorious for it.  

FWIW, by all indications, it's totally in compliance with MIL-STDs and MIL-SPECs, so there's nothing "wrong" with it, it was just distinctive.  

~Augee
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Purple?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/USMC_M16A4_Rifle.JPG

~Augee

Now I know what you mean.... When he said purple I was thinking like Barney the kid show purple or variations of violet.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I was told that the FN military collector series have Subpar barrels.

Do we know anything about the quality of these components.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm going to guess what you're hearing is complaints that the military collector series do not have CHF barrels, which you may be interpreting as "subpar."  

The military M16A4 and M4A1 do not have CHF barrels, therefore, neither do the replicas.  

Beyond that, I see little reason to expect that the barrels on these rifles are "subpar" relative to a military button rifled barrel [though perhaps some would consider that spec to be "subpar" despite the fact that they will never stress such a barrel beyond what it is capable of in their lifetimes].

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm going to guess what you're hearing is complaints that the military collector series do not have CHF barrels, which you may be interpreting as "subpar."  

The military M16A4 and M4A1 do not have CHF barrels, therefore, neither do the replicas.  

Beyond that, I see little reason to expect that the barrels on these rifles are "subpar" relative to a military button rifled barrel [though perhaps some would consider that spec to be "subpar" despite the fact that they will never stress such a barrel beyond what it is capable of in their lifetimes].

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Augee

People have to tier 1 you know.....  Just like most people do not shoot enough to even wear out a non-CL 4140 barrel.  Hell I probably do not shoot one AR enough to wear out any barrel in the foreseeable future.  I would go broke probably trying to wear one out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:12:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have a link or pic of the rollmark on these rifles?
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone have a link or pic of the rollmark on these rifles?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Local shop has one on the shelf.  It looks awesome
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 2:02:43 AM EDT
[#10]
just so expensive...   $1400-1600.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Augee

I actually didn't know that. Do any of the ARs in the military have a chrome lined barrel? I'm debating between going Colt or FN so this is big news to me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I actually didn't know that. Do any of the ARs in the military have a chrome lined barrel? I'm debating between going Colt or FN so this is big news to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Augee

Both the Colt 6920/M4 and the FN Military collector have button-line chrome lined barrels.  Neither has a chrome lined cold-hammer forged barrel.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I actually didn't know that. Do any of the ARs in the military have a chrome lined barrel?
View Quote

All of the military barrels are chrome lined... but so are the FN military collector series.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Augee

CHF = Cold Hammer Forged.  

Chrome lined, button rifled is standard for the M16/M4 FOW.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#15]
still waiting on a bro to dump some pics of his collector series m4
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm putting together an A2 clone with mostly Colt parts, I'll have a whole lot less in it even if I put a RAS on it.

As much as I'd like one of these, I just can't justify that kind of money.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
just so expensive...   $1400-1600.
View Quote

I know!
Be nice if someone just offered complete lowers....
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:51:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I fondled both models at a lgs. Beautiful guns. Wish I had some extra cash lying around.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone get the M16??

Trying to decide between that and getting a Colt AR15A4 and throwing on a KAC rail.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish the commercial Colt or FN lowers were milled to M16 spec like this....that would be collectible.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wish the commercial Colt or FN lowers were milled to M16 spec like this....that would be collectible.
http://www.diyrifle.com/design/img/products/sd/RECEIVER003.jpg
View Quote

Hell, I would just be happy with the GI roll marks.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.diyrifle.com/design/img/products/sd/RECEIVER003.jpg

Sign me up for comic sans!

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I priced an m4 build last night with out a kac rail and very grip. It came out to $860.

I really want this clone for stuff like the selector markings and the ID on the magwell, I just can't spend the extra $700 for that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top