Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2015 5:39:27 PM EDT
I may have a lead on a Egyptian contract FN49.  It is one of the Century Arms import reworks from I guess the early 1990's.  I have seen one before a few years ago but forgot what it was priced at.  It has the replacement wood stock, which is decent quality, and a plastic buttplate.  
I may be able to make an offer on this rifle, but have no clue what it is worth.  I know that it would not be a collector's piece, but just a shooter with some value.  Gunbroker has some Egyptian ones offered, but not Century reworks.
Any suggestions as to value would be appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
$600-800 is what the CAI built ones have been going for larely
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Were they built by cai, or just refinished and given new wood?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The way I understand it is that FN made up the parts for a bunch of FN49s which were to be assembled locally by the Egyptians.  Century bought it all and assembled the rifles with US made stocks/butt plates.  So it's not like some of the truly lousy CAI drunken monkey builds, they actually seem like well built rifles.  Though it's not like having an original FN assembled gun I think they are collectible in their own right as most of them have a distinctly different crest stamped in the receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top