Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2015 8:22:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:25:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd hope it would. They are considered a combat optic company, but I use aimpoints
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I see people running the EXPS quite a bit but, not the XPS.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:52:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought there was a military banning of the use of these sights
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Current USSOCOM Safety of Use Message for EOTech Weapon Sights
http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/30/ussocom-issues-safety-use-message-eotech-enhanced-combat-optical-sights-plus-goings/

None of this should come as a surprise....Eotech has been having QAQC issues for a few years.  Primarily issues with fluctuations in the sight zero/POI when exposed to high or low temperatures in addition to battery / batter cap related issues.  At least on the Mil side the manufacturer acknowledged the problem and offered no fix for it.

RDS are not precision optics.
Neither is the M4 carbine, M855 Ball, or the overwhelming number of end users.
There is always, to some extent or another, some +/- in adjustments.

I’ve seen both 7.62 and 5.56 platforms with the 553 on them both work fine and a few more fail under mil conditions as to how the XPS fairs I cant say.  Not sure what your intended use/intended abuse might be but unless you are running a CQC barrel why not use an optic to utilize the full range and potential of the 7.62 cartridge?

I run an Aimpoint RDS specifically the T-1 on my SCAR16s and a 6x optic on my SCAR17s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top