Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2015 12:41:26 PM EDT
Hey, folks. I apologize if a thread like this already exists, but haven't found one focusing on infrared illuminators. I recently just bought a SCAR-16s and am curious about what I can put on it.

I understand there are some valid reports and some rumor behind the SCAR series of rifles being brutal on and destroying electronics. I plan on using a Micro T2 for my optic. I do not have any doubt that the Micro will be up for the job.

However, I have an ATPIAL-C that I plan to mount on the SCAR. I understand these units are made in the exact same housing as the MIL units and are used on M2 Browning .50s and that it should be fine for use on a SCAR. I do, however, just want to get in touch with the forum and ensure that there isn't something I don't know about.

What are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Your going to be fine bro.  

Currently running a DBAL-I2 from TNVC with no issues on a SCAR17s.

The whole setup is pretty Soldier-proof. I like the ability of being able to come off of a cheek weld and scan with my NVG's knowing that wherever the dot is pointing, I'm good to go without having to go head down on the rifle.

Give the guys at TNVC a call they will be happy to answer any of your questions - 909-796-7000 / [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your going to be fine bro.  

Currently running a DBAL-I2 from TNVC with no issues on a SCAR17s.

The whole setup is pretty Soldier-proof. I like the ability of being able to come off of a cheek weld and scan with my NVG's knowing that wherever the dot is pointing, I'm good to go without having to go head down on the rifle.

Give the guys at TNVC a call they will be happy to answer any of your questions - 909-796-7000 / [email protected]
View Quote

Sounds good to me, brother. I appreciate it. I'll move forward without fear.

I know exactly what you mean in regards to night vision. It truly is a game changer. I might want to get a 17s down the road if I like the 16s enough.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a SCAR16s and a SCAR17s and always somehow find myself shooting the 17s more.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a SCAR16s and a SCAR17s and always somehow find myself shooting the 17s more.  
View Quote

That's good to hear. I just committed to a 17s as well. This is going to be expensive. LOL.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#5]
from what I understand the parts all come from belgium. yes it gets expensive!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top