Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2015 8:42:56 PM EDT

This is the first shots with this lower installed. No practice, no retakes. It worked flawlessly first time every time, shooting cheap turkish MKE ATI 147 48¢ Ammo. This lower has some nice advantages. I transferred over the OEM parts from my OEM lower except the Geissele trigger, SOAMR (extended mag release), Magpul K2+. The grip tang can fit all the common AR-15 style grips, thats real nice. No more shaving the backstrap for proper fit. All the parts slid together with ease as they should the first time. No problem with fit or function in any of the holes. All the pins, parts, spring, clips, screws installed exactly as they were meat to from the factory, just kept the feel of quality rolling. No half fitting pins, parts that have to be jammed in, or jiggle and wiggle. The fit and finish is superb. The Geissele did not have to be messed with to make it fit or function. The trigger worked smooth first time with no work in needed. The trigger guard does not dig into your finger, and has a lot more room than the original. The edges of the much larger trigger guard are rounded on much better angles for a nicer feel. The Navy selector is a neat upgrade. Selection is solid, with a definite feel of up/down. Having a nice sturdy exceptional piece as an accessory to this rifle is well worth it. I did not notice a weight difference, but it is heavier as per manufacturer.  There is nothing wrong with the OEM lower, just thought it was a neat upgrade. The complaint I have is with FN, why did they have to secure the BHO the way they did? That clip is a PITA! I was trying to watch the little screen on the camcorder the whole time to keep the rifle in the shot. Those little orange square reactive targets are awesome.  They really add some fun to the afternoon, I like how they jump the best.

Link Posted: 9/29/2015 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
impressed

so ...how much?

And how hard is it to change out the parts from your oem lower to this one?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting, though pretty silly marketing tactic to name it SEAL. Looks nicely machined though. If it works and is at a reasonable price I think it will be a success.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interesting, though pretty silly marketing tactic to name it SEAL. Looks nicely machined though. If it works and is at a reasonable price I think it will be a success.
View Quote
S.CAR

E.nhanced

A.lloy

L.ower

Its 400 bucks, and 5 week wait for it. The parts slide in as easy as the OEM lower and or better.  They cant keep up with demand as it is, sells all they let pass the QC.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
S.CARE.nhanced
A.lloy
L.ower

Its 400 bucks, and 5 week wait for it. The parts slide in as easy as the OEM lower and or better.  They cant keep up with demand as it is, sells all they let pass the QC.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
S.CARE.nhanced
A.lloy
L.ower

Yes, I realize it is an acronym. Still rather silly marketing to name it as such.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Out of curiosity, any reason why you went with this over the Handl Defense version?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Out of curiosity, any reason why you went with this over the Handl Defense version?
View Quote
I have no interest in them. You will have to do your own Google research for reviews on them. They don't offer an oem mag version.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:16:33 AM EDT
[#8]
But why OEM when you could get sr25 mags as the gun should have been made in the first place and then get 25 round pmags?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:42:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

But why OEM when you could get sr25 mags as the gun should have been made in the first place and then get 25 round pmags?
View Quote
I have no interest in the pmag, and dont have the SR's anymore. 20 is plenty for me, and have a bunch of mags stocked up.  I could get the SR-25 version in a couple of weeks if I wanted, they sell those if thats what YOU want for yours.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#10]
What is the advantage of this lower over the lower that comes with the gun from FN? Just curious as I will never have the dough to buy an scar
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is the advantage of this lower over the lower that comes with the gun from FN? Just curious as I will never have the dough to buy an scar
View Quote

So, depends on which lower style you go with.
The OEM version offers a enlarged mag well, enlarged trigger guard and is designed to accept all normal AR style grips.
The PMAG version allows you to use pmags which may work for those with lots of AR10s to keep mag. commonality and all the other features of the OEM version.

I went with the OEM one myself and really like the trigger guard and MIAD grip (fits with no modification. The enlarged mag well is nice too but I really don't run and gun too often requiring fast mag changes. The all alloy lower is a peace of mind purchase for me, having one of my SCARS with it fits the bill for me. BTW, the fit and finish were top notch although the wait/excuses pretty much sucked.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The OEM version offers a enlarged mag well, enlarged trigger guard and is designed to accept all normal AR style grips.

The PMAG version allows you to use pmags which may work for those with lots of AR10s to keep mag. commonality and all the other features of the OEM version.

I went with the OEM one myself and really like the trigger guard and MIAD grip (fits with no modification. The enlarged mag well is nice too but I really don't run and gun too often requiring fast mag changes. The all alloy lower is a peace of mind purchase for me, having one of my SCARS with it fits the bill for me. BTW, the fit and finish were top notch although the wait/excuses pretty much sucked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+10 NICE!

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#13]
And what is the point?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And what is the point?
View Quote

The point is strictly customizing your rifle exactly as you want it with whatever aftermarket parts you belive enhance its form/fit/function for you. That's it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top