Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2015 12:33:30 AM EDT
Hi all

just bit the bullet and put 50% down on FNC para with auto sear. any advice from the hive on what updates (ie rails, red dots) are available for it? Also the item I am buying comes with any advice how to cut down barrel length ala heat?

will I be satisified?
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Oregon FNC machinegun owner here.

For me, the gun looks too cool stock to mod much.  Stormwerks has a top rail that is drop in for a red dot (always go Aimpoint IMHO).

B&T has a full front rail.

What more do you need besides ammo?  Cutting down the barrel is a bad idea.

Smart buy BTW.  

I still think people buying 28K M16s over 11K FNCs are nuts.

Oh, make sure you get the burst pack.

Here is your available options:

http://www.tbasuppressors.com/Services_c_20.html
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Another happy FNC sear gun owner. I would not cut the factory barrel. If you want to go shorter, buy a green mountain 1:7 twist and have it chopped/installed. Stormwerkz rail and an aimpoint are what I would use if I used an optic. The rifle is heavy as is; personally I don't want to add a heavy railed forend.

Availability of parts and accessories is improving. Stock up on firing pins, extractors/extractor springs, recoil springs, and any other small parts you can find. And I would buy at least one spare green mountain barrel.

As to whether you will be satisfied, I think you will. The FNC is a very smooth shooting fullauto. It's downsides are that it is a one trick pony and the critical parts (bolt groups) are non existent. You may consider buying a second semiauto FNC as a spare. There have been a few good deals (under $3k) on gunbroker recently.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would not cut the factory barrel. If you want to go shorter, buy a green mountain 1:7 twist and have it chopped/installed.
View Quote
Yeah, this. Even if you're not concerned with decreasing the value by shortening, you'll feel better knowing it can return to its factory original config in the future.

I've seen guys put Ak5 upgrade parts from Sweden on their FNC's. Those parts are difficult to come by as well.

Link Posted: 9/25/2015 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#4]
great job
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent mine to tba to have the barrel cut down " like the heat gun lol" threaded 1/2x28 so I would have an easy time putting a suppressor  on it.
While it was at tba I had him put in his 3 round burst mechanism and remark the the selector positions.

Then I saved up for a spare rifle for parts. I got a stormworks rail for optics but I never seem to use it. The irons are just fine for some plinking and full auto fun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Soon

Will post pics

Anyone have a competent smith to goals out factory barrel? I want to shoot up a green mountain barrel and store the original
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Soon

Will post pics

Anyone have a competent smith to goals out factory barrel? I want to shoot up a green mountain barrel and store the original
View Quote

Todd at TBA Suppressors has done a bunch of barrel swaps. todd (at) tbasuppressors (dot) com.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I do short runs pf these stocks from time to time (really when I can find ACR Stocks to convert)

A lot of guys have been happy with them.

Link Posted: 10/25/2015 1:05:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't had any problems with my chopped barrel and I run it suppressed. I say if you want to chop it, go for it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't mind running a can on mine, although I don't know if that would incur additional stress on the gun and given the parts situation, I would rather not do that.

However, if I could get the stock brake off, I would at least try it occasionally, but that sucker is on there.   My plan was to shoot out the original barrel and then have the replacement GM chopped.  However, at the rate I am going, that could be the year 2030.   After the first year, I shoot it much less than I expected.  Still picked up a spare semi when I found a mint Howco for $3k out the door with an extra firing pin.

I like the stormwerks optics rail.   I have an UBR on their with adapter, however would like to go with something folding.  Uzitalk has an FNC dedicated forum and although not very active, still better than anywhere else.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wouldn't mind running a can on mine, although I don't know if that would incur additional stress on the gun and given the parts situation, I would rather not do that.

However, if I could get the stock brake off, I would at least try it occasionally, but that sucker is on there.   My plan was to shoot out the original barrel and then have the replacement GM chopped.  However, at the rate I am going, that could be the year 2030.   After the first year, I shoot it much less than I expected.  Still picked up a spare semi when I found a mint Howco for $3k out the door with an extra firing pin.

I like the stormwerks optics rail.   I have an UBR on their with adapter, however would like to go with something folding.  Uzitalk has an FNC dedicated forum and although not very active, still better than anywhere else.
View Quote

LH thread, unless I'm mistaken.

AJ
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#12]
1st stamp cleared in 35 days!!!!!!! now time to wait!
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats! I also have FNC love it but I wish some would make a complete upper so I can use as a beater upper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top