Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2015 6:58:46 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with one of these?
How well does the case ejection work?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought mine shortly after it came out. Serial number in the 26,000 range.
Have kept it stock original. Feeds & discharges flawlessly.
Love it!
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#2]
As complex as the ejection system is I've never had any stoppage caused by it. It has been literally flawless.

The rifle itself balences well and is comfortable to shoot. I'd characterize the FS2000 as being somewhat bulky but light feeling.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks cool but not a great shooter, odd egos, mag loading/ejection is difficult....but I wouldn't get rid of mine.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought mine used, no idea what the original round count was. I've put only a few hundred rounds through mine at most. But no malfunctions at all, in fact I'd consider it one of my most fun 223 rifles to shoot. And I don't think the ergos are that bad at all; charging handle is easy to hit for righties, safety is right next to the trigger, the mag release is a different manual of arms than many others and the push button is slightly harder than a lever but I wouldn't say bad - just grab the mag like normal and pull with hand and push with index finger.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a guy at the range with one, and he was shooting some steel case, and he had some type of malfunction (not sure which) watching him try and clear it was pretty funny.

From what I've seen, they are pretty reliable, the ejection system more of a liability imho.

I dont like the little flip up port door, they can only take usgi mags, unless you want to cut up the mag skirt.

No last round bolt hold open

Horrible trigger

Clearing malfs sucks

Plastic

No aftermarket.

The pros, the ejection system is neat, even if i dont like it

Decently accurate, more than acceptable for a carbine.

Reliable, if you shoot steel case, be sure to adjust the gas port

You can get a tavor or aug, or an incredibly nice ar instead
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Zero issues with this gal.

Ergonomics seem strange until you shoulder it then everything falls into place.   Only mods since this pic were adding a solid aluminum charging handle and a sling adapter.

Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Zero issues with mine. I shoot steel case without a single problem.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]
The FS2000 is a BEAST. But if you cant get past how an ar works you wont be able to use this smoothly.  Ive had mine since 09' and cant say a bad thing about it.  The bull pup is the best rifle design. Its just not enough can get to the next level and get past the traditional long rifle design. The best bet is to shoot one first, see the HUGE advantages it offers, then buy one.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had a couple of them, neat guns that I never really had any issue with.

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I wish FN would produce them again. I want one, but not for $2700...

I missed out when they were $1300.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up a used F2000 for $1,100. I like it. It's been 100% and I shoot lots of cheap steel through it (on the 'mo gas setting). I finally got used to reloading it quickly. I still prefer my AUG A3 though. If I was walking a lot more than shooting, I'd pack the FN.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:23:39 AM EDT
[#12]
The olive one has about 5k through it with no failures, black one is still new in box.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I got mine with a factory optic for $1150, I like it but if anything it was a good investment.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I picked up a used F2000 for $1,100.  
View Quote
im jealous. id buy two right now at the price (insurance payments be damned)

Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Never had a problem after a few thousand rounds.
I would buy another if one comes along at the right price.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  im jealous. id buy two right now at the price (insurance payments be damned)

View Quote
Haha Thanks man. Made that purchase December 2014, and the dealer still has some left I think. They must not be moving fast, since he went down to $999 shipped probably 6 months ago, but sadly just post-86 to SOT or LE. Mine was some agency's up north previously. I guess they just don't sell well in North America.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:30:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Hot brass from the ejection port has burned my finger a few times until I learned to keep clear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top