Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2015 7:21:45 PM EDT
I'm wanting to know if I should use a LT158 or LT104 to mount a Vortex 2.5-10x. Will the 158 clear the rear sight?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the Larue 104 will raise the center of the scope to 1.5" correct? Measure the height of the rear sight collapsed. Look at Vortex's Website for Scope dimensions... should give you all specs, then take the difference in the 1.5" minus the radius of the eye piece measurement. Then find the difference of the from sight height from that measurement..... if that measurement is negative then No...

Does that make sense? ....Its been a long day at work and i just consumed a bit of alcohol...... i am wondering this same question though as I am lookign into the exact same optic and mount..... aslong as you're looking at the 2.5-10x32...... thats what im going for....

Same practice for the 158. although im sure you read the 158 only raises the centerline of optic to 1.44"

I Was actually hoping that a set of ARMS22L rings would clear, but I doubt thats a possibility unless I mount some fancy offset 45 degree sights and take the charging handle bite on my arms like a man.

Gotta get the rifle first though...

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that makes sense but, I havent purchased the scope yet. I'm assuming someone here can comment on the setup, though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Just work the math.
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-2-5-10x32-ffp-riflescope-with-ebr-1-moa-reticle

H2 is 1.63"
104=x brings the centerline to 1.5"
158 = y brings the centerline to 1.44"

1/2 of 1.63" =  .815"

1.5" - .815" =  .685"
1.44" - .815" = .625"

As long as the rear sight collapsed is less than 5/8" high collapsed you're good to go with the 158. and if the 158 is good, the 104 is good...

I think this is correct.. I would verify, but i dont have the rifle.....
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Okay, I'll give it a try here in a bit.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it will clear the rear sight, the lens prtector vortex ships with the scope is a little thick and is a tight fit, but the scope itself is no problem.

Also, might want to look at the LT745. It is the same height as the LT104, but it has the levers on the right side of the mount so they wont take the skin of your knuckles when using the charging lever on the left. I havent had any issues with the added MOA either.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 in a LT104 mount.  It clears the back sight of my 17s.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I see that the LT745 has a 10 moa or 20 moa option. Does that mean that the scope will lean down 10 or 20 moa when it's mounted?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes... It achieves more up travel in your optic by doing this. If you have a scope with a total of 48 MOA of adjustment, you have 24 MOA of "up travel"(and 24 MOA down). If you used a 20 MOA mount, you will achieve a total up travel adjustment of 44 MOA, but down travel would fall to 4 MOA.

I think this is correct.

What range are you planning to stretch this rifle to?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#9]
My "local" outdoor range is only 100 yards so, I'll be shooting mainly at that distance. However, I have friends and friends of friends with longer range properties that I shoot at occasionally. I think the maximum range for those is going to be somewhere between 200-300 yards. What would you reccomend?

Also, I'm running an angled charging handle. Would my knuckles still be getting cut up if the qd levers are on the charging side?
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My "local" outdoor range is only 100 yards so, I'll be shooting mainly at that distance. However, I have friends and friends of friends with longer range properties that I shoot at occasionally. I think the maximum range for those is going to be somewhere between 200-300 yards. What would you reccomend?

Also, I'm running an angled charging handle. Would my knuckles still be getting cut up if the qd levers are on the charging side?
View Quote

Honestly, At that range you really wont need either the 10 or the 20 mount, but in case you ever get out someone where to really push that rifle and yourself, you might get the 20 MOA and be done with it??? I dont know. Im not a distance shooter, but I also understand the buy once cry once mentality. Maybe post this question in the precision forum and see what kind of response you get.

As far as your knuckles...net time you wash your car, just wash your tires really well and on your way around jam your knuckles into the asphalt as hard as you can.  You'll callous up in no time. lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I have the GGG angled level and I do not dust my knuckles on my QD levers but the stock one I did a few times.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay, thanks. That answers a few questions for me. I'm obviously no long range shooter, either and there won't be many times I'll shoot past 300 yards so I'll either go with 0 or 10 moa of cant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top