Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2015 8:25:23 PM EDT
I'm gonna sound like a douchebag for asking this and I'm sure this is an old as Moses rumor, but my LGS was telling me that the price may be going down on the SCAR H here in the next 6 months due to a weapon mod for JSOC (Couple of people's thumbs figured out the hard way that the charging handle reciprocates).  So with that being said the SCAR's with reciprocating charging handles are gonna come down in price.  

*Disclaimer:  I am in no way connected with JSOC/Rangers/SEALs/CAG or the like.  This is just something I wanted to put out there.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
In other news Pigs are Flying!
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Start holding your breath.....

FN is proud of the SCAR so I do not foresee any drastic price drops but you may see a increase if Hildawg get elected as Fuhrer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer the recip charging handle, runs like an AK.
If your fingers get bit, move charging handle to the other side or practice more.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Hard to tell what FN might do... For a long time you couldn't get a FS2000 for under $2000 and then all of a sudden they mix things up and you can get them from a bunch of places for $1400.  They also dropped the bottom out of PS90s when they made the Mil/LE deal for $8-900.
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Man, I would love to see a sub $2,000 MSRP on the SCARs.

They would sell a ton of them at a street price in the $1,600-$1,800 range.

Especially now that the SCAR has more potential competition likely coming from the likes of Beretta, IWI, Radom, etc.

Life is good in the piston-driven rifle world.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to see sub $500 barrel assemblies for the H, both long and short.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably would never happen

Quality barrel, gas block/piston assembly, and a muzzle device for less than $500?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quality barrel, gas block/piston assembly, and a muzzle device for less than $500?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DSA does it for FAL barrels, it should be in the rough same ballpark for a SCAR.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Hope so, always wanted one but the price has kept me away.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I would buy another 17 if they dropped the price, hell maybe even a 16 if they were around $1600
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I can not even find a scar 17 in fde in stock anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would buy another 17 if they dropped the price, hell maybe even a 16 if they were around $1600
View Quote

+1  I would double down or triple down on SCARs if price came down that much.

Right now I'd love to have another but not important enough to lay out that much dough.

Not holding my breath though... SCAR sales are still really strong from what I hear.  No PS90-esque blowout on the horizon.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Right now I'd love to have another but not important enough to lay out that much dough.

Not holding my breath though... SCAR sales are still really strong from what I hear.  No PS90-esque blowout on the horizon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As soon as my LGS get FDE 16/17s in stock they're gone within days. This is at the CA price of 2499 and 2799. I see no reason why FN would drop prices anytime soon.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 3:15:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I can not even find a scar 17 in fde in stock anywhere.
View Quote

Just did a search on Gun Broker and found 11.

YMMV

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:01:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't see the price coming down but I do think my 17 is great.  

Never picked up a 16 (didn't see the need in having one in 5.56) but I'd get one in a heartbeat if they were $1600.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:52:47 AM EDT
[#17]
New ones seem pricey as ever. Love my 16 - been thinking about adding the +1 for the last month...

Read this thread a few days ago and then stumpled upon a like-new black 17 with extras (PWS rail, Magpul selectors, MIAD, AFG2 and a box of Hornady) for sub-$2K locally. Start to finish deal took three hours this morning - I couldn't pay him fast enough.

Right place, right time. Be patient.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#18]
News flash, if anything the price on the SCAR will go up!  It's already the best deal in town for serious use .308s and the 16s being a proprietary piston gun is priced reasonable as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top