Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 1:50:33 PM EDT
im thinking of sending my barrel in instead of buying the factory 10" barrel. anybody else on here done it?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I had my 17 barrel cut down by ADCO and had no problems.

I only had a few inches chopped off so I didn't have to mess with the gas port size. You might have to experiment though with different sizes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had my 17 barrel cut down by ADCO and had no problems.

I only had a few inches chopped off so I didn't have to mess with the gas port size. You might have to experiment though with different sizes.
View Quote

Different gas control screw will fix that.

OP if anyone is going to do it and do it right ADCO 100%.  General consensus on this site is they are the go to people.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I would also recommend Marvin Pitts, he is very familiar with the weapon system and knows the right way to cut it and remove the pressed on gas block without bending the skinny barrel.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:28:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Adco I did my fs2000 and Marvin Pitts did my scar. Both turned out great. Either way you will be fine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Where can I get in touch with marvin?  Apparently adco cannot answer emails...
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try calling around 3 or so which would be 4 here. They always answer for me...maybe that's because I'm a fellow Ohioan.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are too busy working on peoples guns to answer the phone or emails. I'm not kidding, and I have no problem with that, they have forms on their website for work orders, thats how you get in contact with them.
I realize it can be inconvienent in your case, but if they hired more people prices would go up, and I like their prices.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They are too busy working on peoples guns to answer the phone or emails. I'm not kidding, and I have no problem with that, they have forms on their website for work orders, thats how you get in contact with them.
I realize it can be inconvienent in your case, but if they hired more people prices would go up, and I like their prices.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On that have you tried posting in the industry forum
http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/130_ADCO_Firearms.html

What is your question maybe one of us know the answer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#9]
From their website: "We do NOT perm any melonited/surface hardened muzzle devices"....
I understand they do good work and are probably busy.

Anyway, I was wanting a barrel shortened a couple inches and a KX5 permanently attached.  It's melonited, so I was curious as to why they refuse to do it.

Is it not possible or just a pain in the ass??
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
From their website: "We do NOT perm any melonited/surface hardened muzzle devices"....

Anyway, I was wanting a barrel shortened a couple inches and a KX5 permanently attached.  It's melonited, so I was curious as to why they refuse to do it.

View Quote

Never mind. Misunderstood your question. Sorry
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet they will....not sure why they say they don't online.

I called one day and asked if they could cut, crown, and thread a melonite barrel and they said yes they would. I decided not to have the work done though...
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#12]
well i sent off my barrel to adco. i'll update with range report using various ammo. well after i sight in the elcan
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I took her out today and she ran like a sewing machine with green tips. Adco does phenomenal work. Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I just had ADCO do my SCAR 16 barrel. Haven't taken it out yet but it looks clean as hell.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Ditched the elcan due to being a pig on an SBR. Looking for a mount for my rmr.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#16]
HA

just put a FF3 on my 16S to see how i like it.
if i do I'm gonna do an RMR.

it sits nice to use with the factory sights
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top