Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2015 8:00:55 PM EDT
I like many others have been looking for a decent muzzle devise to get my scar 13" to 16"OAL. I wasn't looking to add some cheesy fake can or some other bullshit that would both add weight and fail to do anything other than add length. Well guys I stumbled across this MFI HK28 flash hider and I couldn't be happier. Not only was it only $58 plus shipping, but it looks and works fantastic. It is a total of 3.85", actually adding just under 3.25" in total length. Perfect!!, just freaking perfect.
Anyone interested can do a web search for -MFI HK28 flash hider- It's a company out of Cali. They had it to me in a week.  Just a FYI. Please let me know what you think or what else you may have found out there that works. Thx.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Love the way it look!   Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice, also looks like a copy of the older Belgian FAL flashiders so at least it's still got the heritage.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it exactly 16" or 16.1,2,3 etc?  Have you done the dowel test for an exact length?  I think you just found my next project because I do not want to SBR my 17s!
What is OAL of the rifle with stock collapsed and folded if you do not mind me asking?

Link of company?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Just out of curiosity, why would you want this. You still wind up with a 16" length for your barrel but now you're losing roughly 100fps just for the sake of looks? I understand if you're in a non SBR state but that's the only thing that makes sense. If you're going to lose velocity but the gun is the same OAL I'm just lost. Looks nice though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, why would you want this. You still wind up with a 16" length for your barrel but now you're losing roughly 100fps just for the sake of looks? I understand if you're in a non SBR state but that's the only thing that makes sense. If you're going to lose velocity but the gun is the same OAL I'm just lost. Looks nice though.
View Quote

This is 16" total
The factory is 16" plus the 2" of the muzzle device
So you are saving 2"

I did a factory SCAR16 14" barrel and I really like it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 16" cut to 13.7" that Marvin is pinning a MAMS to.  It'll be here in a few day and I'll post pics.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 16" cut to 13.7" that Marvin is pinning a MAMS to.  It'll be here in a few day and I'll post pics.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top