Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2015 4:13:00 PM EDT
So I handled a Fs2000 at the Gun-show today.  After the crazy old guy selling it couldn’t tell me where the empty shells come out
of this thing (no wait the said they come out of the side) he goes

'Are you sure your ready for the FN it $4,000.' AHAHAHAHHHH

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a lot of dreamers at gun shows - on both sides of the table.  For $4K there better be two of them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There's a lot of dreamers at gun shows - on both sides of the table.  For $4K there better be two of them.
View Quote
With a factory grey trigger pack

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll be glad to pay $4000 for my Standard. They don't make them anymore, you know. Next year, $4600. Buy it now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Wish I would have kept my factory optic one - still have the tactical rail top version...  but 4K is CRAZY.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:25:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I've seen rumors that they're coming back this year.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope that's true. I'd buy another.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Beware of any information coming out of FN Forum there are a lot of people pursuing their own agendas.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Beware of any information coming out of FN Forum there are a lot of people pursuing their own agendas.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of people say that about ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Isn't this the rifle where the cases are ejected up stream from the action ?? How does that work ?? WD
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A lot of people say that about ARFCOM.
View Quote

That's probably the case.  I'm not a long time ARFCOM member so I don't know who is up to what in all the forums here.  FN forum is a small enough place it's easy to watch it unfold with a few regulars who hustle the newcomers.  There is the SOT who apparently uses it to buy restricted and conversion parts to sell on GB.  It's funny how he swears up and down how legit it but gets insanely defensive at simple questions.  Then there are guys like Bagby who use the forum in his distribution of FN copyrighted material.  There are about half a dozen others who circle like vultures over newbies that might stumble in with a valuable older rifle.  What's that trigger pack worth?   It's like watching an annuity salesman hustle an old folks home.  It used to be a decent place to get info but anymore it's too concentrated around the people working their angles.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Isn't this the rifle where the cases are ejected up stream from the action ?? How does that work ?? WD
View Quote

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fs2000+ejection&FORM=VIRE7#view=detail&mid=CDF5995DCC995EEE5F70CDF5995DCC995EEE5F70
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 8:34:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone have a lead on a spare parts kit or two?
I have an fs2000 still in the shipping carton that I'm still on the fence about breaking into.
I also have an msar that I shoot but: it cost me less and it came used and parts are somewhat available.

I just came from the FN forum this morning and couldn't find any parts kits listed.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Does anyone have a lead on a spare parts kit or two?

I have an fs2000 still in the shipping carton that I'm still on the fence about breaking into.

I also have an msar that I shoot but: it cost me less and it came used and parts are somewhat available.

I just came from the FN forum this morning and couldn't find any parts kits listed.

Thanks
View Quote
The FN Forum isnt a direct retail site.  You have to go into the Forum sponsors forum, and look for the venders that post about having parts for particular rifles or manufactures and contact them.  By email or website.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks. Heading there now.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Save few bucks and buy direct from Midwest Gun Works.  No dealing with the weirdos at FN Forum

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=mgwi&Category_Code=fn-fs2000-parts&view_perpage=all
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks but I posted it FS on all my forums. The first of many to go. My eldest starts driver's ed next month and we've been slacking in the dental department!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top