Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:37:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The  ACR stock is a major improvement in the looks department!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The  ACR stock is a major improvement in the looks department!
View Quote

Agreed, still not sure I'll grab one but it looks damn good!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:48:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Ill get one for my cqb 16 but the 17 will stay with the Vltor Improved scar stock.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:33:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Other than the obvious that it'll fold, why is it better than the Vltor stock adapter?

Also, are you sure that we cant see more of the stock with the model?
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

For me the KDG stock is lighter, shorter and more rigid than the Vltor I replaced it with.  I also get a more comfortable cheek weld and the system just "feels" less bulky and more solid.  Plus it looks better and we know how important that is.

No more epics of the model but I can get one of the guys in the armory to pose topless if you would like
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Other than the obvious that it'll fold, why is it better than the Vltor stock adapter?

For me the KDG stock is lighter, shorter and more rigid than the Vltor I replaced it with.  I also get a more comfortable cheek weld and the system just "feels" less bulky and more solid.  Plus it looks better and we know how important that is.

No more epics of the model but I can get one of the guys in the armory to pose topless if you would like

This needs to happen, like yesterday!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Done!  The owner agreed to do a topless photo shoot with the ACR stock kit just for you weirdos

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This needs to happen, like yesterday!

Done!  The owner agreed to do a topless photo shoot with the ACR stock kit just for you weirdos

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, uhh there is a "In-Stock" email notification function on the website right? I just wanted to be able to unsubscribe from this thread.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Still looking like the middle of this month for the black kits?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Man, I like that look a lot!!  It looks a lot nicer than the factory stock and a million times better than the Vltor stock.  For $300, I'm not sure I will upgrade to it, but I do think they look pretty slick.  The only issue I have with my factory stock is it's a little sticky to slide it and the button to fold it has to be depressed really deep.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#15]
A solution in search of a problem IMHO
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

More an option in a relatively small aftermarket for the Scar rifles. In no way is this stock a downgrade. Better? maybe, maybe not . I'm glad we are not stuck with just a select few stocks in the AR world!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

More an option in a relatively small aftermarket for the Scar rifles. In no way is this stock a downgrade. Better? maybe, maybe not . I'm glad we are not stuck with just a select few stocks in the AR world!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know this?? I have no interest in changing stocks and I do like the fact someone is bringing more parts out for our SCARs but was the ACR stock put through the rigors of DoD testing that the FN stock was put through and passed?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#18]
whats the difference with this stock vs stock?
they look the same
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
whats the difference with this stock vs stock?
they look the same
View Quote

The ACR stock has QD mounts and the plastic feels a lot more substantial (imo). I've hated the factory stock since day one, it makes the scar feel like an airsoft gun.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anybody have feedback yet?

We shipped a bunch out this week with more going out today.  Surely someone has theirs by now.  I know what we think about them just wondering what others have to say.
View Quote

Waiting on my Coyote one still. Will post pics/thoughts when I get it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#22]
What stock? all I see is a fucking hot chick!
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm hoping you guys ship mine today, really stoked to get ahold of it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:18:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm suppose to receive mine today but I wont get to play with it until Sunday or Monday.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Update2: Success! I want to say thank you to Jonathan at Modern Outfitters for his response. After checking with him, some stocks may fit tight due to variance in the scar receiver.

The set screw I was able to use to take the play out of the lower after installing the new stock(nice touch).

The acr stock's rear profile is much smaller than the original scar's.

Photo of scar with non-folded stock.

Old news: stock is rubbing against the receiver and will not fit my 17S. I don't want to hammer it home so I'll have to get in touch to see what is going on. At least it's not loose. Maybe light sanding is needed?

Stock group is 7 3/4"all the way collapsed from the very front to the inner most curve in the buttpad compared to 8" on the oem stock.

Stock is 10 3/4" extended compared to 10 1/2" for the scar. It has 7 positions of 1/2" intervals instead of 6 positions of 1/2" intervals.

Stuck location

Rubbing marks

Last comment for tonight is it comes nicely packaged, includes a set screw but no instructions for it or if the screw is even needed.

Overall opinions.
1 I'd buy from Modern Outfitters again! (Great service)
2 I like the smaller profile and more adjustments on acr stock.
3 the qd swivel is nice addition on the acr stock
4 I'd suggest making the stock slightly less tight.
5 latch on acr stock is plastic. To me it's a no issue and I'd rather replace the latch if it fails then the stock but some may not like it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I received my stock today, first impressions with out shooting with it installed are good. It slid easily on to my receiver and opened and closes with ease. I did use the provided set screw to eliminate the little bit of play the stock had against the adapter. I do feel as though the ACR stock is an improvement over the FN design but I can't fault anyone for not wanting to spend $300 to do it.

I also want to Thank Modern Outfitters for the SWAG they included and the good CS in general, I'll be ordering an MREX from you guys soon.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#28]
After shooting with it I wish the comb was a little higher, otherwise I like it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Am I missing something? The $299 price seems a little high?
View Quote

Yup, you ARE missing something.  It's called R&D, production, and profit margin.

When the stock itself from Bushmaster is $160 plus shipping, then you spend a couple thousand dollars modeling and getting the dimensions right for this piece (it's not easy to duplicate the hinge angles), then you have to spend $70-80 each (minimum) to make them in good, quality material and anodize them, pay your employees, use your money to inventory enough to fulfill orders, you're at $250 just for your expenses alone.  $199 will never, ever happen.

How do I know?  I'm the guy who made the ACR to HK UMP stock adapter and is currently developing it for the FN-FAL para market (the original para stock sucks).  There's a thread on here over in the FAL section on it.

I found this thread because we were going to do this exact same thing for the SCAR - at a 10% higher price point than he is at and not mess with selling the stock with it so people can get one piece at a time - it's just not worth my time to mess with it for less $$.  A guy on the FN forum let me know this product had just come out, so we'll refocus on another platform.  

From a designer's standpoint, the comb sits too low on this iteration to be useful for a good cheek weld for any optics other than a red dot (An EoTech XPS would work well with this).   I run ACOG's on all my heavier rifles so I would have to have a higher cheek weld.  However, in looking at the pictures more closely, it appears that a higher mount to bring the axis up would definitely interfere with the ejection port on this particular rifle when the stock is folded (although who ever shoots like that except in an emergency?)

Nice job on the adapter, good aesthetic lines.  I run ACR's on 3 different platforms, fantastic stock!
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 5:17:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Has anyone weighted their stock? Do you get the advertised 4oz reduction under the FN stock?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Has anyone weighted their stock? Do you get the advertised 4oz reduction under the FN stock?
View Quote

I weighted the FDE stock. The weight difference compared to the OEM stock was only 1.375oz instead of the advertised 4oz.

Also, when shooting at the range, the adjustable cheek comb dropped back into neutral position from raised position while firing. Seems like standard use cheek pressure / recoil is enough to drop it back down. That's more of a deal breaker for me, I need the cheek rise to get proper sight through the optics.

Anyway, the lack of noticeable weight reduction and the weak cheek comb lock did not justify $300, for me.

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone got anymore pics of the FDE installed? The member pics posted earlier are too small to see anything.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I was sold on this for my 17 until I installed my PRS. Still might mess with one for my 16 at some point though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone else have an issue with the comb going back to neutral/not being high enough in the first place? I'd really love to get one when I get my 17, but I won't if it hinders my shooting through an optic.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:03:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Anyone else have an issue with the comb going back to neutral/not being high enough in the first place? I'd really love to get one when I get my 17, but I won't if it hinders my shooting through an optic.
View Quote

Got mine today. Comb is high enough for me to use with my VCOG and locks into place solid.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#37]
I concur with Mr. Lee Majors on this as I am the guy who made the ACR stock adapter for the Robarms XCR. Anyone who has attempted this type of project would agree with us completely. The only way to do this type of project at a cost that most people would like to pay, without complaining, is to have them injection molded, but then, the market couldn't support the quantities needed to justify the cost of the molds...even if they were made in China!!

Quoted:

Yup, you ARE missing something.  It's called R&D, production, and profit margin.

When the stock itself from Bushmaster is $160 plus shipping, then you spend a couple thousand dollars modeling and getting the dimensions right for this piece (it's not easy to duplicate the hinge angles), then you have to spend $70-80 each (minimum) to make them in good, quality material and anodize them, pay your employees, use your money to inventory enough to fulfill orders, you're at $250 just for your expenses alone.  $199 will never, ever happen.

How do I know?  I'm the guy who made the ACR to HK UMP stock adapter and is currently developing it for the FN-FAL para market (the original para stock sucks).  There's a thread on here over in the FAL section on it.

I found this thread because we were going to do this exact same thing for the SCAR - at a 10% higher price point than he is at and not mess with selling the stock with it so people can get one piece at a time - it's just not worth my time to mess with it for less $$.  A guy on the FN forum let me know this product had just come out, so we'll refocus on another platform.  

From a designer's standpoint, the comb sits too low on this iteration to be useful for a good cheek weld for any optics other than a red dot (An EoTech XPS would work well with this).   I run ACOG's on all my heavier rifles so I would have to have a higher cheek weld.  However, in looking at the pictures more closely, it appears that a higher mount to bring the axis up would definitely interfere with the ejection port on this particular rifle when the stock is folded (although who ever shoots like that except in an emergency?)

Nice job on the adapter, good aesthetic lines.  I run ACR's on 3 different platforms, fantastic stock!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I missing something? The $299 price seems a little high?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top