Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2015 12:03:38 PM EDT
I just got my barrel in from Marvin on my sbr build and am running into some indecision on what optic to run on each platform... I also have a 16" build.  My current options that I have to choose from are the following:  EOTech EXPS2-0 with G33 magnifier, ELCAN specterDR 1-4x, ACOG TA33 and an Aimpoint T-1.

I currently have the EOTech setup on the 16" build but and was going to put the ELCAN on the sbr, but am second guessing myself for using a magnified optic on a sbr.  Anyone with any experience or advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
For sbr reddot all the way.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]

As far as magnified optics on an sbr, it depends on what you are going to use it for.  What is your use?  Is it just something for just range use on paper, gaming, or something for LE patrol, defense, etc.?  If you're using it as a patrol carbine, what is your operating environment and do you need the magnification beyond what a 3x magnifier will yield?  If it is for defensive use, what is the maximum distance for engagement?  If it is for match use/gaming, use whatever you can get away with.  

You can still be precise with a short barrel, your distances just need to be shorter for lethality.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
keep it light. if i wanted magnification/range fun i would just put the ta33 on it. if i didn't need magnifaciton i would just use the aimpoint and call it a day. if your going to take classes and play GI Joe then the aimpoint again
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sorry, I should have given the specifics on my use.  This is for personal use/collection; in no way am I military or LEO.  My uses are for plinking, classes and hunting.  I try to take a handful of classes a year and I hunt hogs on family land.  Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is currently running an Elcan and will continue once my form 1 comes back
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sorry, I should have given the specifics on my use.  This is for personal use/collection; in no way am I military or LEO.  My uses are for plinking, classes and hunting.  I try to take a handful of classes a year and I hunt hogs on family land.  Thanks for the input.
View Quote

Go with the Elcan.  If you hunt hogs, you may need the 4X for distance and the speed of the 1X.  A SCAR 16 CQC with an Elcan is a formidable foe for the piggies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top