Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 8:21:08 AM EDT
i picked up a SCAR 16 in trade last night, what mags do i need to look for thank you
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
USGI mags work good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:57:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
USGI mags work good.
View Quote

I was told that they rub the bolt and have to be modified to stop the rubbing of the bolt, that's why I'm asking, I honestly don't know
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Whoever told you that was talking about Gen 1 and Gen 2 PMAGS and some other mag types.

USGI, Lancer AWM, Gen 3 PMAGS, etc. should all be fine in it and not hitting the bolt catch.  If you are concerned at all about a mag, just take the lower off and put it in - see if the bolt catch is level or pushed up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was told that they rub the bolt and have to be modified to stop the rubbing of the bolt, that's why I'm asking, I honestly don't know
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
USGI mags work good.

This is true for most pmags. OP- do a search on fnforum.com and it's shown in detail along with the fix.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This is true for most pmags. OP- do a search on fnforum.com and it's shown in detail along with the fix.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

USGI mags work good.

picture time.

You guys can argue about this amounts yourselves. I got to get dressed.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_24/441301_So_I_finally_got_a_SCAR_16_L___Tell_me_about_magazines__grips__accessories__etc_.html

From a few threads below yours.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a lot of 3rd gen PMAGs with a window. I have had to mod EVERY one of them. Now, the mod only requires me to take some nail clippers and clip off a tiny piece on the back. Takes less than 30 seconds. But, I still ahve to do it.

I have 3 D&H STANAG magazines, and believe it or not, I still had no mod them. They were not to the level of the Pmags, but they occasionally kept that lever up. Now, the recoil of the rifle may have made it drop anyway - but just holding it and checking it, it sometimes stayed up. So, I did the mod on them as well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m running the standard USGI 30rd mags with tan followers.  Affordable, reliable, and plentiful.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I’m running the standard USGI 30rd mags with tan followers.  Affordable, reliable, and plentiful.
View Quote
Do not fix what is not broken.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I took a box cutter and modded all my p mags. Takes about 5 seconds per mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top