Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2015 4:57:52 AM EDT
Hey guys i would like to get some info on the FAL posted below. I would like to know if its a "REAL/ORIGINAL BELGIAN FAL" or if its built on a parts kit.
Also i would like to know what's a fair value for this. Or how much the last one like it sold for. THANKS IN ADVANCE for you help i really appreciate it.
Below is the pictures the seller sent me.

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Real. My guess on the price is high $3k- high$ 4k. I had a Para 50.63 and cost me high 2k years ago.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 7:36:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Also add that if you take the hand guards off you should see the proof marks on the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Prices are a bit down right now, I'd say between $2500-$3500. Gun looks correct from the pictures. Ask if it's sear cut as that adds value to it also and not all of the Gun South rifles were.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Prices are a bit down right now, I'd say between $2500-$3500. Gun looks correct from the pictures. Ask if it's sear cut as that adds value to it also and not all of the Gun South rifles were.
View Quote

What is the meaning of "Sear cut"? Does that mean you could buy a full auto sear (tax stamp and all) and insert it like the HK mp5, 91's etc ?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What is the meaning of "Sear cut"? Does that mean you could buy a full auto sear (tax stamp and all) and insert it like the HK mp5, 91's etc ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sear cut is what was imported in low numbers early on by FN. The upper receiver will have the sear cut to allow the installation of an auto sear but the bolt, hammer, selector, trigger plunger and ejector block will be semi auto only components. It would be illegal to do a conversion on a sear cut rifle unless you are an SOT manufacturer. The sear cut rifles are just tougher to find and therefore bring a premium.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If someone registered one before 86 you could, but it really means if you put an FA lower on it, EB & the safety sear it would be full auto. There is a cut in the receiver for the safety sear that is not present on semi-auto guns made or imported after the grandfathered sear cut guns were brought in.

They are collectible because they are artificially rare, more correct to the military pattern FAL, and have an unusual status since any gun (after the grandfathered sear cut guns) with a sear cut is considered an unregistered MG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top