Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2015 5:46:17 PM EDT
Last year, FN ran a deal wherein a new SCAR 17 purchaser would have the option of receiving a surefire light or, alternatively, three mags + a Midwest Ind. rail. As I'd been eying a SCAR for some time to add to my FN collection (PS90 x2, FS2000, FN FiveSeven and FNX-45 Tact.), I bit at the chance to snag me a peanut butter/bronze, FDE, coyote brown, "FDE" monster for approx. $2450.  I diligently sent in my purchase info and serial number to FN and selected the mag/forend package and waited...and waited...and waited. To date, it's been over four months with nary a word except "response has been overwhelming...soon..." I was wondering if any of my fellow Belgium -loving brethren signed up for this offer and, if so, have you received your accessory package? Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, I wish I could have gotten a rebate when I purchased mine. I got it when they were extremely hard to find and paid around $3200.

I love it though!

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent mine in twice now , no email , no repsonse, no fuck you, notta!!  I was even dumb enough to buy 2 Scars 16 and 17 FDE
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#3]
This is a thread from a little lower on the page. Looks like the consensus is no.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_24/437469_Scar_17_mag_and_rail_extension_promo__.html
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 6:42:29 AM EDT
[#4]
People on FN forum are saying they've gotten their while some are still waiting. I think I read that FN is waiting for more stuff to come in to ship out the renaming rebates.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I've spoken to FN's CS and they say the response was "overwhelming" and they don't currently have the stock to fill the outstanding orders, but hope to within a month.  I'm a bit pissed at the whole situation, but willing to wait because I feel that it was a solid deal and I love the rifle.  I will say that when I bought my Walther PPX-SD last year, I sent off the rebate form for a free mag, holster and carrier and had them in-hand in 10 days. That's what I was hoping for w/FN, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I purchased my SCAR 17 during the rebate period and promptly provided the required documentation for the mags/rail extension selection. Second week of January I received the "overwhelming response" email from FN. A week ago, I sent an email requesting a timeline as to when the mags and rail extension would be shipped. I have yet to see a reply other than the automated "someone will be in contact with you ASAP". For what it's worth, I have seen new SCAR 17 mags at my LGS. Not sure what others selected, but I'm wondering if Midwest Industries production lines may be the reason for the delay of the mags/rail extension selection being shipped.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I got my rail system and mags 3 weeks after sending in my info. I did it around the middle of November.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got my rebate in the mail yesterday. along with an apology letter stating that they were sorry and included a care package along with the rebate. the care package was a dvd from panateo

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my stuff today with an Apology note :)!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Got mine recently as well
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Good news that they are finally starting to show up.

Downside is that it's taken so long that I've moved out of State since mailing it in.

Hopefully, USPS forwards it to my new place.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Just wanted to drop everyone a line and let ya'll know my Midwest Ind. forend showed up with the four FDE mags, a DVD and a letter of apology. All is right with the worlds, though it was damn slow getting here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top