Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2015 7:32:31 PM EDT
Well, I finally attempted to sight in my 17 and what do you know, the windage had to be adjusted all the way to the right and it's barely hitting the bull's eye on the sight in target. I posted about my barrel being "crooked" before and even stripped the weapon then torqued the barrel using the right inch pounds/sequence. Any other ideas before I call FN?

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Try loosening the side that the barrel is pulled to, and re-torque the opposite side.  Then torque down all the screws in the proper order.
You can also loosen all the screws, physically pull the barrel to center, then step torque the barrel to keep it centered.
(Step torquing is done by first torquing at 25inch pounds all the screws in proper order. Then torque all screws in order again at 45inch pounds. Then final torque at 62inch pounds)

On the sight in; did you use the front or rear sight for windage?

From experience changing barrels on the scar, I have had to re-torque em before to get him close to centered.
From there I have usually been 2-5 clicks in windage at the front sight to zero the iron sights on the rifle.

If these things do not work, give FNH a call and send the rifle in for them to inspect or repair it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I only used the front sight as recommended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top