Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 6:27:45 PM EDT
Just noticed a little unusual wear on my bolt and barrel extension. It appears on a few of the lugs.
This is after only 300 rounds.
Anyone else have this?

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you using non modified pmags ?  It looks like the damage you get from using standard Pmag .
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
No, just the standard FN FDE mags (metal)
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry. This was the only time I've seen wear like that with metal mags. Only other thought would be to check that your barrel screws are torqued correctly. Maybe put in a call to fnh on Monday.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:05:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry. This was the only time I've seen wear like that with metal mags. Only other thought would be to check that your barrel screws are torqued correctly. Maybe put in a call to fnh on Monday.
View Quote

Did that too.  Cool thanks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
So I called FN today.  The guy said that "it is perfectly normal and all Scar's should look like that...it's wearing itself in"
Can you guys check yours for me and tell me if yours look like my pics above?  I never noticed this before...
I know they are 2 completely different guns, but some of my AR15's with thousands of rounds through them don't even look like that...
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 800 rounds thru my SCAR 16 and it doesn't look like that
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I had to fight with them for a month on social media and email before they did the right thing and replaced my deformed brand new scar 17 bolt carrier. They are NOT our friend...if you find others saying its normal then get God pics from several angles and try to compare with others.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a little wear on 1 lug of the bolt but not quite as bad as that. Mine has about 400rds through it. I'm recovering from surgery and won't be able to shoot more for a while but will have to keep an eye on it. Your post is making me more nervous because I never noticed it before and just made it an sbr.

I would just monitor it and see if it gets any worse. If it doesn't progress at all then maybe fn was telling you the truth.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I had an AR do this and then it got to a point and has not worn any further.  I do not have a SCAR16 so I cannot attest to that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got similar wear on my bolt. I have around 4000-5000 rounds through it. Doesn't seem to cause any problems, but I didn't like the way it looked. I called FN and they told me the same thing. The guy I talked to was a condescending dick about it. I bought an extra bolt to have on hand in case it breaks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 1:03:05 AM EDT
[#12]
how much was the bolt?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
how much was the bolt?
View Quote

They run $262 at Midwest gun works.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, I got an extra firing pin and piston assembly - just to have some spare parts. They are out of the complete spring assembly. I'd like to get a spare bolt too, but that is a hefty pricetag
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 11:43:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry to bring up my old thread, I didn't have luck with FN CS.
I'm an AR guy and the Scar is fairly new to me.  Do you think this issue could be due to off set barrel extension (the barrel extension over torqued or out of alignment)?
I want to see if I can fix the issue on my own, maybe purchase a new barrel assembly or something.  Could the issue be the bolt carrier?
Any Scar experts here?
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm an AR guy and the Scar is fairly new to me.  Do you think this issue could be due to off set barrel extension (the barrel extension over torqued or out of alignment)?
I want to see if I can fix the issue on my own, maybe purchase a new barrel assembly or something.  Could the issue be the bolt carrier?
Any Scar experts here?
View Quote

Go ask at the FN Forum website
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any Scar experts here?

I will actually, good call.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top