Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 7:17:04 PM EDT
I'm interested in doing the scar25 conversion on a 17s. I don't know much about magnesium. Is there any reason to pass on the mod 2? Does the Mod 2 magnesium lower work with triggers like Geiselle's?

Also, are all the Handl lowers marked with an 'A' ?

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The Magnesium trigger modules are about weight. They are few ounces lighter, Handl Defense is making its modifications to the platform weight neutral. That is also why the forerail is Carbon Fiber.

If weight is of no consequence Aluminum is fine.  The very first versions had issues with the OEM grip screw and the G triggers. That is no longer the case.

The A there in case the owner wants to convert to an FA platform.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Just make sure you do your research on handle before you buy, so that you know what you are getting into.  Good luck
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just make sure you do your research on handle before you buy, so that you know what you are getting into.  Good luck
View Quote

Just be careful where you do your research.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:49:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Just know this Handl and Stryker are rivals. People who like Stryker do not like Handl. FN forums mostly exists to support stryker so know they are extremely biased against Handl.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Care to elaborate?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Care to elaborate?

Fitment/Alignment issues are what I believe he is referring to (see above pic).  Reportedly, the issues have been remedied and the only tool necessary to install the lower now is a rubber mallet.

Regarding the bad blood between the Handl and Stryker camps alluded to previously...

The bad blood between the two camps started when Handl accused Stryker of reverse-engineering its lowers via public post/private message exchanges with an FN Forum member that Stryker was trying to help out.  Said FN Forum member had the misfortune of purchasing an afflicted Handl trigger module.  Later Handl sent its version of evidence to the FBI and then leaked a heavily-redacted version of an email response from the FBI where the only line visible is something to the effect that "it appears as though intellectual property was compromised."  Most assuredly in the heavily redacted section is contained something to the effect that "based on the evidence that you presented" because in the years since absolutely nothing has come of it.  Obviously anyone can present any allegation to the FBI...true or not...and they will get a response.  In all of this drama is lost the fact that Stryker was already publicly modifying OEM trigger modules for forum members to accept P-Mags and had announced his intention to bring to market aluminum trigger modules designed to accept P-Mags.  When the Handl trigger modules hit the market almost a year later, rife with fitment/alignment issues, why would Stryker even consider reverse engineering it?  That would be an idiotic decision.  Hell, 99% of any after-market SCAR trigger module will have been reverse-engineered from the OEM trigger module anyway.

There are also marked differences in marketing approach.  One company self-identifies a platform issue and has a product to solve said issue while the other company simply offers "options."

Fans of both companies are passionate and the drama that results in a thread like this can get out of hand.  Don't be surprised at all if this thread ends up being locked.  LOL.

Currently, there are two after-market trigger modules available - Handl and Cavalry Manufacturing.  Stryker's trigger module is still a month or so from being released.

Me?  I use an OEM trigger module with no issues.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:29:41 AM EDT
[#8]
ts67...

You know I just cant let that kind of a characterization just float around.

#1 I'd like to see the rest of the of that trigger module, I cant see the back end. If that is not doctored in anyway, then I assume that person sent it back for a replacement. I have run multiple Handl since that start and I have never seen one in years that was out of spec. That is otherworldly, I am sure they must have sent it in and gotten it replaced.

#2 as to the reverse engineering thing. Well the Sargent who never served was asking for pictures of the handl trigger module, from multiple directions. Then an known associate of his took all the dimensions, posted them up, then made a 3d print based of the information. The FBI thing well I guess that just sets it in stone. I think if you were on this side of the fence you'd see it very differently

#3 BTW that person who assisted in the re-engineering, who had "problems with his lower". It was marked when it got back to Alan's shop, now that lower is on my black 17S, I have never had single issue ever. My goal is to get it to 10k rounds and send it back to him.

#4 So there are two sides to this never ending story. Just today representatives of the Belgian military and FN Belgium shot Alan's SCAR with all the improvements. (when I am back to my normal zip code I will post up pictures) They were amazed. They had a dead stock SCAR 17 to shoot to compare, there was no comparison, they came away very impressed and I think Alan just might need to book a flight.

#5 The constant slander, the constant bad mouthing, the constant undermining has one fatal flaw. The truth

Everyone who hates the handl parts has never shot them or probably ever seen them. Every SEAL, SF, or Ranger who has shot it likes it. The president of salient arms likes them, the president of adams likes it, lancer likes it, the media likes it, LMT likes it, and FN Belgium likes it.

I'll take their opinion over yours and maybe others should too
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ts67...

You know I just cant let that kind of a characterization just float around.

#1 I'd like to see the rest of the of that trigger module, I cant see the back end. If that is not doctored in anyway, then I assume that person sent it back for a replacement. I have run multiple Handl since that start and I have never seen one in years that was out of spec. That is otherworldly, I am sure they must have sent it in and gotten it replaced.

I'll take their opinion over yours and maybe others should too
View Quote

Well then here you go...the back end.  And with that we have the first out of spec Handl trigger module that YOU have ever seen.

I really don't care to get into it any more than that.  A picture is worth a thousand words.  The drama that plays out around the issue, on both sides, is 99% bullshit and/or hyperbole.  A poster told the guy to do research and be careful.  Another guy asked for someone to elaborate.  Now giving Handl the credit that they deserve, I assume that QC issues such as those pictured have been remedied and that similar modules are not sitting on retailers' shelves.

I like my OEM trigger module.  I wish Handl, Stryker, and Cavalry future success.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#10]
KW2012,  Didn't you get kicked out already for the last round of HANDL debates that ended with half the FN Forum here to jump in the grudge match
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
KW2012,  Didn't you get kicked out already for the last round of HANDL debates that ended with half the FN Forum here to jump in the grudge match
View Quote

klrb929 ?????
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Can't discuss the topic without swinging purses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top