Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 11:07:54 PM EDT
Link to product announcement video.

Interesting choice of buttstock assembly and Magpul accessories. The MIAD might suggest the trigger module's grip tang has been appropriately shortened to accommodate regular AR grips without end user modification. This of course is all pure speculation... Does that bolt carrier look different to you? Non-reciprocating perhaps? Wishful thinking maybe. Seems we may finally be seeing long barrel assemblies available as well.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a picture of the non-reciprocating charging handle featured on the FNAC. Note the similar notch in the bolt carrier absent from the Mk16/17. Definitely looking forward to learning more.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
So they took the MK20 and took away the precision stock that everyone wanted and then brought it to market? ?

Great call.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Those Magpul sights look different, too.  They sit too high... they're either on a riser, or the base is different.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those Magpul sights look different, too.  They sit too high... they're either on a riser, or the base is different.
View Quote

They are the 45 degree offset sights for use with an optic.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Why would they be soo retarded to get rid of the SCAR stock!  It looks like an AR lovers version.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those sit below the rail they are mounted on.  These don't.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those sit below the rail they are mounted on.  These don't.
View Quote

They're not MBUS Pro Offset sights, but rather MBUS Pro sights mounted on an offset.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#8]
First up close video I've come across. Note the charging handle behavior at 0:50. Reliable information on this weapon is frustratingly scarce.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:23:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
First up close video I've come across. Note the charging handle behavior at 0:50. Reliable information on this weapon is frustratingly scarce.

http://youtu.be/7RNTH5cpGTI
View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:39:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Edit (referring to wrong video). My bad
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I am very interested in this rifle. Time will tell how it turns out once it hits the marketplace. I fear it will cost more than $4500 though.

Edited to add: the guy in the above posted video says the charging handle is the same. I would love to have an HK style non-reciprocating charging handle, but my SCAR's charging handle hasn't hurt me yet after 1000 rounds. I still need to put it through a heavy carbine course to render a final verdict.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why would they be soo retarded to get rid of the SCAR stock!  It looks like an AR lovers version.
View Quote

The FN reps I spoke to at 2 different shows said both the mk20 SSR and CSR would have the adjustable mk20 stock and not ar furniture.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Would be highly pissed that a 4k plus rifle is rocking a CTR.  Ugly as sin on the CSR...
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:55:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
the guy in the above posted video says the charging handle is the same.
View Quote

I'm more inclined to believe what my eyes can see over the word of some pawnshop salesman who's not even shot the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#16]

I called FNH and they said the rifle will be released commercially by the end of 2015 / begining of 2016.
The pregnant guy that is holding the scar looks familiar.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:24:31 AM EDT
[#17]
The charging handle can be locked forward or allowed to reciprocate. The guy at the FN booth demonstrated it. I want this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top