Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2014 4:34:17 PM EDT

This is stupid easy to install. 5 minutes or less worth of your time. The reduced travel is hard to tell in the video, but the reduced pull weight is worth it.. Not to mention the Gen I/II sear cut.

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
These aftermarket Gen 1\2 hammers and Sears people are selling are a trap.  Whether or not the producers are currently acting as informants for the ATF their sales records will be enough.  Look at the folks who have been visited as a result of the su-press-on Ar-15 drop in auto sear debacle.  Notice how Jim Elmazi STFU in a hurry once he had a talking to.  He may try and cover it up but even now the matter isn't settled, there is extensive documentation of his statements and those members soliciting him for NFA conversion parts.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:01:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

These aftermarket Gen 1\2 hammers and Sears people are selling are a trap.  Whether or not the producers are currently acting as informants for the ATF their sales records will be enough.  Look at the folks who have been visited as a result of the su-press-on Ar-15 drop in auto sear debacle.  Notice how Jim Elmazi STFU in a hurry once he had a talking to.  He may try and cover it up but even now the matter isn't settled, there is extensive documentation of his statements and those members soliciting him for NFA conversion parts.
View Quote

It's not like the PS90 hammers haven't been in circulation from the manufacturer since they were brought to market. The rear sear is what makes things go FA, and they're pinned so you can't easily mess with them. But you're right, knowing the ATF they could decide that any PS90 hammer that has a Gen I/II sear cut is now illegal..

Meursault, maybe I missed something but all I can see is that James was going to offer these then decided not to. It looks like the current producer is the one who was actually going to make them for him.

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe I am missing something here... How exactly are these hammers an ATF "trap"?  Were all the Gen 1&2 PS90s NFA Firearms?  No, I don't believe they were...  
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The early generation guns are not NFA but neither are Mars CETMES, G series FALs or RPB open bolt MAC-10s.  But just try and build yourself a swing down lower HK, sear cut FAL or open bolt anything nowdays.  By themselves they will not function fully automatic but they are configurations which lend themselves to conversion and have been deemed by the ATF to no longer legal for additional production.  In much the same way FN has changed the design of the FS2000 and PS90 specifically to adress the issues with the ease of conversion.  The ATF did not specifically adress the issue however the ATF has changed the way they do a lot of things since the days of G series FALs, Mars CETMES and RPB Macs.  The situation with the Su-press-on DIAS are a perfect example of this, sales go for a period before the makers are rounded up, charged and forced to hand over customer lists.  Same thing with the Akins accelerator.  By themselves the su-press-on DIAS will not make an AR-15 automatic, you must have a correctly milled lower for it to fit and bolt carrier, but that doesn't make the DIAS any less of a conversion device.  In much the same way these hammer and sear combinations being sold are the first part of a larger play. It's a sear coupled with a hammer that is timed for a very specific purpose, had the intention been purely safety it could have timed differently.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Continued.....

Some of the players are just naive or greedy, others not so much.  I don't know specifically what lead to a certain well known manufacturor who suddenly withdrew their offering but I have seen the copies of the threads which were retained and the customer lists developed which makes me believe that serious official attention is being paid.  Obviously I'm not posting this in any official capacity but as a person who enjoys guns and has some perspective on the issue different from the groupthink exhibited in many of the forums.  The people buying these things should be a little more concerned and ready to hand these items over immediately on request.  If nobody has noticed the Feds love slam dunk cases like this where they can show someone was making and selling machine gun conversion parts, particularly for something like the "cop killer" 5.7 round.  It makes good headlines and for good career advancement material for the agents in charge.  For the buyers that hand them over its easy enough, for those that make up stories about how it wasn't them or the ever popular boating accident stories its game on to dig deeper as a result of lying to the Feds.

You can think I'm totally off base but I might have a little different insight than most people here, just trying to caution people with similar interest in firearms.  Some of the stuff going on just makes me shake my head as it's blatantly unlawful such as James B**** distributing copyrighted FN manuals.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:32:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Continued.....

Some of the players are just naive or greedy, others not so much.  I don't know specifically what lead to a certain well known manufacturor who suddenly withdrew their offering but I have seen the copies of the threads which were retained and the customer lists developed which makes me believe that serious official attention is being paid.  Obviously I'm not posting this in any official capacity but as a person who enjoys guns and has some perspective on the issue different from the groupthink exhibited in many of the forums.  The people buying these things should be a little more concerned and ready to hand these items over immediately on request.  If nobody has noticed the Feds love slam dunk cases like this where they can show someone was making and selling machine gun conversion parts, particularly for something like the "cop killer" 5.7 round.  It makes good headlines and for good career advancement material for the agents in charge.  For the buyers that hand them over its easy enough, for those that make up stories about how it wasn't them or the ever popular boating accident stories its game on to dig deeper as a result of lying to the Feds.

You can think I'm totally off base but I might have a little different insight than most people here, just trying to caution people with similar interest in firearms.  Some of the stuff going on just makes me shake my head as it's blatantly unlawful such as James B**** distributing copyrighted FN manuals.
View Quote

Meursault,

I can see where you're coming from.  Who knows why James decided not to retail them. I guess from my end, the parts I purchased don't change how the trigger pack functions; ie one pull of the trigger fires one round. The rear sear is what's needed to go FA, and it's not like FN redesigned the pack to no longer accept the Gen I/II hammer and sears.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Meursault,

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Continued.....

Meursault,

I can see where you're coming from.  Who knows why James decided not to retail them. I guess from my end, the parts I purchased don't change how the trigger pack functions; ie one pull of the trigger fires one round. The rear sear is what's needed to go FA, and it's not like FN redesigned the pack to no longer accept the Gen I/II hammer and sears.

In order to achieve the shorter trigger travel, can someone just file off a bit of the hammer such that it disengages earlier?
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Continued.....

Meursault,

In order to achieve the shorter trigger travel, can someone just file off a bit of the hammer such that it disengages earlier?
In theory yes, but you have to maintain a certain angle of that little triangle so that it's still safe, and wouldn't cause a run away.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top